Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is one of my pet hates, terminator is an adult film yet the studio would have cut this film to grant it a 12A, so they can get more kids in to see it. Come on! Terminator 3 should not be a 12A. OK Terminator 2 was cut to get a 15 but not that badly, but what?s going to have been cut to get it a 12A! time to get the American DVD when it comes out!!

Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The sad thing is, it wasn't even cut for a 12A. The work was passed without cuts. So the studio was aiming for a 12A all along. Lousy rat f?cking b?stards.

Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who cares? Nobody gives a dam what the rating is aslong as its good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Goonies kiscks *** and that's a PG!

still, violence, gore and profabity are what make terminator. if thats all watered down, the preceeding films will make it look like Barney Goes To Hollywood does to Easy Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Goonies kiscks *** and that's a PG!

still, violence, gore and profabity are what make terminator. if thats all watered down, the preceeding films will make it look like Barney Goes To Hollywood does to Easy Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey there.

Rubbish. There is hardly any gore in Terminator 1 and 2. And the reason it's got a 12A is because the majority of the violence it not against human beings. It's robots fighting robots. That's deemed as "fantasy" violence and is treated differently in the UK than it is in the US. Also the new 12A rating usualy allows only one F*CK. But that has changed too.

I have heard that this new Terminator has some of it's harsher violence off screen. But it doesnt take away from the movie.

A few friends of mine have seen it and say it rocks.

Despin out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw it yesterday. Being a big Cameron fan, I went into it not expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Of course, I found out a good friend of mine did a lot of the stunt work, so I hope it's a huge success for his sake. But I liked it. It was no T2, but it was good.

Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the original point here was one of censorship, and the thinking that we Brits frequently get cut-down watered down versions of films to gain a lower certificate, 2 Fast 2 Furious being a recent example, being cut by 11 seconds to get a 12A instead of an uncut 15, like the original.

The first two Terminators, while never that overtly violent, were quite brutal and still earned their 15 certificates. A watered-down-kiddy-friendly third installment into a franchise is always a bad idea, see Robocop 3.

I hate censorship. I've written a kajillion essays on it for my a-level media studies and it really bugs me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is one point where the TX shoves her arm through someones chest. Let me know if you get that version over there (dousn't sound like it). If that's the case, then that's a shame. I hate censorship also. I talked to my friend who told me they cut half of his stuff out of the movie. There was a point in the chase where he did a 40mph nose wheelie on the police motorcycle with two cars crashing together right in front of him...and they cut it out of the film. You risk your neck and do that kind of work and it gets cut out. A shame.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this thread brings up an interesting point. How many movies have you noticed are being released with the new 12A certificate (I?m talking UK here). As film companies strive to screw us all for every pound they can, they are making sure that all films are watchable by nearly every member of the population. I wonder at what artistic cost though.

Okay I agree that the regulations on sex and violence have slackened somewhat since the 80's and early 90's but surely there are some good old 15 or 18 certificates out there that have fallen foul of the film companies greed and have had to be toned down to reach maximum coverage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast