Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've got tons of 7239 daylight balanced film. A1 Film Lab in NY sells it for $15 per 100 ft roll, $18 for processing. Good for our exterior scenes.

But there are some scenes where we will be shooting inside an elevator. 7239 won't cut it.

I'm looking at 7250. 400 ASA Tungsten balanced. But I'd probably need some minus green filters - most elevators have flourescents.

We've yet to find the right elevator, so we dont know what the existing lighting of it will be.

So, I'm just searching for advice/suggestions on this scenario.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

most elevators are very small, are you sure you dont want to fake it by building an elevator set?

If you can I would set up your own lighting, rather than using the exsisting lighting in the lift, perhaps you could remove the exsisting lights and replace with your own?

In my opinion I would build a set and use that, rather than trying to film in a real elevator.

Goodluck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We won't rely on existing lighting. But the lights we have require somethig better than the 7239. Hence 7250.

Building the set is unlikely. Camera moves in and out of elevator, through the lobby.

A larger elevator is what we are setting our sights on. Much of it we'll shoot with the doors open.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I shot some of that 7250 a long time ago and remember thinking that it was way to grainy. If it is all you can roll with then do it.

Also the Flouro lights may look a little less green with daylight film.

Why not Neg?? What are you plans for showing the footage??

Good Luck

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 05, 2004 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Nigel ]</font>