Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that before writing a screenplay you should fully plan it out, so that you know exactly what will happen.

But how do you do it? Do you write it in note form? Do you plan what the characters say? Do you plan how the scene takes place exactly?

What do you do?

Thanks for any advice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A thought enters my mind.....and I write it or type it.

Exactly HOW you ask?

I grab a pen, clenching it between my fingers and apply pressure to a piece of paper. Or, if typing, I extend my fingers and aim for specific keys on the keyboard, applying pressure to those keys, thereby creating words, sentences, scenes, and before you know it - a script.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If planning features I usually write out each scene in one line then transfer them onto index cards and develop them more (Include scene heading characters, snippets of dialogue etc.). When at least one scene is developed on the index card I can start writing that scene.

And SHAZZAM!!! I have a completed script which I'll probably sell for a couple of mill.

For short films I start by writing out random thoughts or ideas about the film, be it stylistic choices, characterisation, dialogue, genre, possible scenes. Then when I'm happy and have a good idea of where the script is going I start writing it.

And SHAZZAM!!! I have a script which will wow festival audiences the world over.

Hopefully.

Don't forget that SHAZZAM!!! moment. That's when the magic happens. VERY important.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 20, 2004 11:19 AM: Message edited by: andyblaa ]</font>