Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a pity...

I know that people have their life to get on with, people have work, school, college- but where's the follow-through from the people that ASKED for this?

I said at the beginning- participation is the key- this could have been great, but we depended on a decent turnout! So the poor participation has meant that we can't do as we planned.

Instead the three scripts submitted WILL be posted on the external site for people to read analyse and comment on in the script comp sticky, but the whole 'pick your favourite' competition element is gone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shame. [img]frown.gif[/img] This being a filmmaking forum maybe some don't put all that much emphasis on the writing. For me its different because all I do is write. I've always got a script on the go. Pity more people didn't submit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now atleast I am guaranteed the third position.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

- Jitesh

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll just post my comments on the scripts here (?).

Only read 'untitled romance' so far, by ac01.

First off i have to say it was very interesting. It had some great philosophical moments which intrigued me.

But I think it needs work. It was too vague for me, I don't know if that was done on purpose to let curiosity grow or not, but it was really a bit too vague for me to know what was going on. Mabye that's also because I read it, and it would get a different result when watching it. And the time's going backwards I presume? That's also a nice thing, but there's no real explaining of the suicide. It's all a bit too weak for me. I still don't really know why she killed herself.

The main problem of 'vagueness' came back in the dialogues too. It's purpose seemed to talk about something important, but at the same time purposely leaving that important thing out. And because of that I still didn't really fully understand what it was all about.

The voice overs were awesome. But a bit too long. Especially when there's a long VO over a scene where nothing happens, and you're basically just listening to her talking. Maybe you want to get more scenes where we also 'see' more what she feels and therefore making it more interesting for the audience.

But my main problem is the vagueness. I'd definetely like it more clearer, because there doesn't really seem a purpose for it's vagueness to me.

But I liked what I read. It had it's own world, it's own thing going on. I think it will be pretty good if you make it clearer. But that's just my opinion.

Edit: posted it in the right topic now.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 03, 2004 06:50 AM: Message edited by: emjen ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am Barry, otherwise known as Mofo.
    My untitled script should be entitled "Holding On"

It is my first script and was based very losely on an article in Stuff magazine.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Inactive Member thelaughingduck2001's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sent one. I put it in my -mail. The characters and dialogue were away from the bulk of the script, and it said SCRIPT in the subject.

So why hasn't it been put forward?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My apologies, but for whatever reason, I have not recieved your script. Please send it direct to me in any format you wish to this address:
    [email protected]

I'll post it on the site asap.

I've also added emjen's entry, sorry guys, don't get what the problem was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laughing Duck--

I didn't get your script. Therefore neither did KevO. I can't say why it never got to me--but it didn't.

Good Luck

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678