Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where/What/How do you want to be in your visual adventures one year from now??

Good Luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I plan on entering one of those 48hour film contests. Its been so long since i've filmed anything, and I really miss it. I've just been damn busy scoring games... which is good - but I still miss directing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, in the last week of August I intend to at least get through a first draft of (working title) Chi Xi Stigma. Right now it's about a dragon, a system administrator and a 2000 year old Greek philosopher who converses with a seashell called Lisa.

By September I should know if Crooked Features has been accepted into any more festivals of (semi)note, namely Raindance and Slamdance.

By this time next year I hope to be in preprod on Chi Xi Stigma whilst selling pressed DVD copies of Crooked Features and whoring/syndicating the rights to anyone who might be interested.

And I want to get rid of the last Windows XP computer from my house.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I now have ?20,000 (US $24,150), all of which was earned by working at a convenience store. This is, of course, money that I?ve put together for my new film.

A year from now I intend to have a bit more capital from investors (I?ve had just about enough of my shitty day job ? I should be spending someone else?s money), perhaps enough to bring the budget of ?The project? up to ?30,000 - ?40,000.

I hope to have convinced Nigel that my film merits his attention, and to have brought him on board. Perhaps we?ll have already finished principle photography this time next year. The reason the whole process has been so protracted is because of something quite poignant you once said to me that I took fully to heart:

Originally posted by Nigel in April 2004:
    I am in a situation right now similar to yours...I read a great script one of the best I have seen in a few years. When I sat down with the Director/Producer he was telling me all about the gig and what he "Had"--Then as time went on what he "had" turned out to be lies. The budget kept dropping and corners are being cut all as a way to get the movie made. Fuck That!!!
    I told him that it took four years for the script to be dialed in just right--It can take a year for pre-production...If he just slowed down and took the time to do things right this flick would be great.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll give you my final draft when I've finished writing it. It's very hard to say with any kind of certainty when that will be. You know how unpredictable the creative process can be.

I would like to get some kind of rough estimate of what you expect to get paid for the four or five weeks you and your Aaton camera will (hopefully) be here, bearing in mind that I'm giving you the following perks:

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A private, en suite bedroom with broadband internet access.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good food. My family eat extremely well, and so will you. Understandably, you don't want to be in a place were you don't like the only food available. These things matter.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A never ending supply of cigarettes and alcohol.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A return airline ticket.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Payment in cash, U.S Dollars.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Possibly your own car for the duration of the shoot, If I can sort out the insurance in time and you?re comfortable with driving on the left hand side of the road.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I will accommodate any reasonable request that you make.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">More creative autonomy then I imagine you?re used to.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quite happy toodling along as i am at the moment, as long as things continue to go upwards as they are and the royal mail stop destroying my parcels. things should be grand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Putting the finishing touches to a short screenplay I've been working on for the last year (or two..). I will shoot August/September this year - if all goes to plan...

I'm securing actors (one confirmed, another partially confirmed, and two others still to find) and sourcing locations at the moment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Peter--

I stand by those words fully to this day. Taking time and doing things right is the way to go.

The reason I started this thread was because I am getting ready for my self review. Every three years I sit back and try to be very critical of what I have done and what I think I could be doing. Then I make plans to reach those goals and set a date for another self-review.

One year from now I hope to be doing just as much work as I am now but I hope it to be more satisfying on a personal level--as well as an economic one. I am starting to say no to more jobs. I am starting to get paid better...So it seems to be working.

Good Luck
    PS--When are you going to get me your final draft??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your interest Christian. I intend to make a website to publicize the film to potential investors, actors and crew, complete with a .pdf of the script, brief synopsis for people who are too lazy to read the entire script, information on me and some other people attached to the project. When that happens I'll post something about it here.

I can tell you that the working title is ?Without Cheese?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol ok.. looking foward to it. Although without cheese sounds a bit nasty - but I guess thats just my way of thinking [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Genre?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast