Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Vertino:
    I've submited Mirror Man for the Liverpool Film Festival! (curtinparloe, the deadline is the 31st July)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bugger.
    I wonder if they'll accept submissions via mms...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cash:
    By the way my last film, "the Jumper" - http://www.cashproductions.co.uk/jumper/jumperindex.htm , is getting reviewed in next months Hotdog film mag, on sale August 4th!![/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Excellent. How did you wrangle that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A year from now, hmmmm. I have a bigger plan, which I suppose this all fits into. I have an idea for a blockbuster movie which I hope to be my debut - but that I will only shoot when I have the right money & resources for it, that may not be until I'm an old man. Oh well. And I bet by THEN someone else will have made my movie [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I have three initial projects in mind, which I envisage as my three main "experience gaining" projects, tho my track record isn't brilliant but by this time next year I hope to have shot WHOLE WIRED WORLD. That is really all I anticipate, as my other main project is currently screwed until I figure out a way to access Public Liability Insurance!!

These movies are to be shot no DV, any quality - I'm not fussed. It's the quality of my production skills, directing and DoPing that I'm focussing on mostly. I'd love to buy an XL2 or a 2nd hand XL1s but that is a long way off, I have a good job re time off but its not so good re pay.

Anything else completed by this time next year I'll consider a bonus, that includes other people's projects that I'll have helped on and can "add" to my showreel (i.e. Treasure of the Templars).

I may also set up a formal business by that point, I just need to research how well an independent stock footage company would run!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 29, 2005 02:48 PM: Message edited by: m0d ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by curtinparloe:
    Bugger. I wonder if they'll accept submissions via mms...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I spoke to one of the organisers of the Liverpool Film Fest today... he says they've extending the deadline until Friday 12th August!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

interesting. Cheers Vertino, I'll have to see about that.

If I can get to it we'll have to have that pint. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Justin M.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cash:
    By the way my last film, "the Jumper" - http://www.cashproductions.co.uk/jumper/jumperindex.htm , is getting reviewed in next months Hotdog film mag, on sale August 4th!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Excellent. How did you wrangle that?[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I honestly don't know!! lol, they contacted me, so i bought a copy of hotdog and there is a contact email address to send shorts too. I think they may have seen the film at a film festival.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by miker:
    Well, in the last week of August I intend to at least get through a first draft of (working title) Chi Xi Stigma. Right now it's about a dragon, a system administrator and a 2000 year old Greek philosopher who converses with a seashell called Lisa.

By September I should know if Crooked Features has been accepted into any more festivals of (semi)note, namely Raindance and Slamdance.

By this time next year I hope to be in preprod on Chi Xi Stigma whilst selling pressed DVD copies of Crooked Features and whoring/syndicating the rights to anyone who might be interested.

And I want to get rid of the last Windows XP computer from my house.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, sweet retrospect.

Chi Xi Stigma evolved into a dark comedy-drama (don't ask) and it is in pre-production. Sexton Lovecraft.

Pressed DVDs were not economically viable. Instead you can order the DVD here or get it for iPod/PC/etc here. You can give it marks out of ten on IMDb here.

I will be getting rid of my last Microsoft machine within the next few days! Dreams can come true!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been wanting to ask for a while now...

What the hell will Sexton Lovecraft be? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Another mocumentary? A feature, short what? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I said don't ask!

At the moment it's planned to be a 26 minute comedy and involves a paranormal investigator, two students, a granny, two secret agents, and a call from Cthulhu via a Scrabble board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

haha, sounds like fun....

When you said dont ask I thought you meant regarding how it evolved in to a dark comedy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, sounds fun - why so long a pre-production phase? What issues are you tackling?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast