Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi. I'm just starting to learn about filmmaking. What would be a good camera for a beginner? I need to buy one so if anyone is seeling a decent/cheapish one send me a message.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elmo Super-8 cameras are, in my opinion, the most beginner friendly cameras in the Super-8 world.

You might want to consider looking at the Elmo super-8 cameras for sale on eBay. Many of the sellers describe their Super-8 camera's features and you can get some Ok information this way.

However, some of the ebay sellers know nothing about their own super-8 camera. Perhaps it came from an estate, or was passed down to someone who never used the camera, and they may actually be in OK shape. It's possible to learn about a specific model Super-8 camera from one auction, then find another auction for a similar model Super-8 camera wherein the seller hasn't described the same Super-8 camera very well.

Since you already know about the Super-8 camera from other auction descriptions, you might as well buy the undescribed one because those usually sell for much less.

Many Elmo Super-8 cameras sell for well under $100.00, some Elmo Super-8 Cameras never sell for more than their opening bid, usually around $9.99 plus shipping.

Yes, shipping may cost you more than the winning bid amount. Some people say "I can't believe I have to pay more for shipping than for the camera", and they actually feel put upon because of this.

I think people who think that way stole their soul from someone more deserving. I hope you find a Super-8 camera to your liking!