Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm Philip, the founder of Spare Time Films and this is my board.

The old place has been rather quiet in recent months... all but forgotten about.

Spare Time Films (the group) has been inactive for a long time. There were rumours and plans cropping up regularly to bring it back, but it was not to be.

I'm going backpacking round the world for the next six months or so, taking with me any notion that STF would one day rise from the ashes.

Hopefully on my travels, I'll get inspired and excited once more and turn back to my former loves: acting, writing, film-making. I - or we - may well be back in the film arena once more some day, in another guise.

But as for STF, it's done and dusted. The domain name will remain for a while longer, but that's all that will remain - and even then only temporarily.

So good luck in your creative endeavours, and I'll see you around - either on the road or at the movies.

Best Regards,
    Philip C. Swales
    Founder, Spare Time Films

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Probably for the best. Having seen some of your films, there was no potential there whatsoever. Your ideas were unoriginal, the acting was appaling and the cinematography/lighting/sound was dreadful. There are hundreds of fantastic films on TriggerStreet and if they hadn't made it big, what chance did you have? I'd also like to wish you luck in your creative endeavours, but please, don't let them be films.

Farewell.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thank you for that constructive criticism.

It's heartwarming to know fellow film-makers are just waiting to savage each other over production values on films that were made on next to nothing.

I haven't had the honour of seeing any of your films, but I'm sure they are all stunning masterpieces.

Your (belated) response has only validated my decision to find something better to do.

Warmest Regards,

Phil

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 23, 2008 03:36 AM: Message edited by: philipswales ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh hello there Phil, I presume you're taking time out from your six month backpacking adventure [img]smile.gif[/img] .

The film-industry is a ruthless business and does not suffer fools gladly. Your harmonious vision of film-makers encouraging each other is cute but unrealistic. Its every man for himself, its a war out there.

Constructive criticism is perhaps a slap in the face you very much needed, as I expect you have been surrounded by friends and family who have worshipped everything you've put on film and nod "yes" right on cue.

BANG!

This is reality Phil. To make it in this industry you can't just be good or dabble in homages. You have to be original and brilliant. You have to shine. I note you made your films from next to nothing. Lets face it, if you really wanted to make it in this industry you have devoted more time and money to your dreams.

But you didn't and you have reaped the results you deserved - a very average filmography and anonymity.