Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

After reading the review on your site and many other reviews of the Matrix sequel I think this is a topic worthy of debate. An important factor is whether or not you thought the first movie was good:

I loved the Matrix. It had so many levels, so many things that weren't picked up on until watching it for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc) time. Yeah it was action, but such was it's achievement of creating a deep, believable science fiction world. It is a brilliant piece of modern film-making: depth, plot and even inventing new camera techniques; experimentation.

I was extremely disapointed with Reloaded. In fact the very title itself stinks of all action beat-em-up bullshit, and believe me- I hate to say that.

The sequel was to sum it up in a word- lazy. The 'good' sections were overspill of ideas that the brothers had in planning the first film. Too many new characters, too much pissing about- the phrase 'less is more' comes to mind. With all of the eye-pleasing action sequences that happen, why is that I can honestly say that my favourite scene was the one involving the Architect?

I really worry what for what is coming next in Revolutions... it could have been all so different!

Opinions?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I didn't like it when I first saw it.

But I caught it again a couple of months ago and it grew on me.

I can't see the same happening with this film though.

Warner Bros., Joel Silver and the Wachowskis knew they had a licence to print money so they just bodged it, knowing it would sell regardless.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I thought better of the the Wachowskis, I really did. They always seemed like visionaries; geeky ones but visionaries.

Having said that though it did seem like Reeves, Fishburne and Moss all went through their combat training and then forgot that they were still supposed to act.

X2 far outclassed its predecessor, this movie SHOULD have done the same.