Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

After an absence of far too long, I am please to announce that STF will be rehearsing their new short, "Cheap Shots" on Tuesday.

This will be followed by the actual shoot in a couple of weeks.

We've adopted a newer, simpler approach to film-making than we've used in the past, and we're all very excited about starting work on the new project.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 06, 2006 01:07 PM: Message edited by: philipswales ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cheap Shots is the short version of the feature-length Crap Shoot that we plan to make later.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheap shots? I thought from staring at your website that it was called "Crap Shoot". Either way I can't wait. Good luck with it. Will you be posting the film (or no doubt the trailers or tasters for it) on You Tube or on the spare time films site?

By the way where did everyone go? I've grew a full six inches since I last posted and I am now fully emo. I also ditched my plans to make "moon": so hats off to all you guys I bad mouthed in the past, film making is roxy. No I told you so's pls!!!! My first attempts were shot on an old hi8 camera but the moon is too bright and the zoom didn't go far enough to act as a good background to my finger puppets - I couldn't connect any of the fat chunky cables to my pc without buying loads of rip off hardware peripherals. I've asked for a camera for Christmas and will instead be concentrating on music videos which are just such a totally artful form of expression in themselves. I'll be posting my first attempts on you tube. That's if I don't ask for an xbox 360 instead. Torn!

Well lets hope that the dawning of a new STF era will bring the lost life back to this board, which has been a pale immitation of its former glories these last few years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would you care to elaborate on your new technique for shooting this movie and how does it differ from previous methods?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It's basically adopting a looser, more improvisational style of film-making.

I still write a script, but we don't stick to it religiously.

Where I used to plan things to ridiculously Hitchcockian lengths, and shotlisted and storyboarded everything in advance, now I just turn up on the day and see what feels right.

The end result is hopefully a more naturalistic, documentary-style feel. Think Dogme 95 meets Christopher Guest and you're on your way there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Phil, how's production of "Crap Shoot" going? Also have you got anything up on youtube or myspace?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Sorry Derek, but we've decided not to continue with Crap Shoot or any other project.

It was getting too hard to try and get the crew together. A lot of our guys work weekends, and since the weekend is the only time we had in which to shoot anything, it was becoming a logistical nightmare.

Back in September I tried to schedule the first day of shooting, and at least one person in the group was unavailable every weekend up till Xmas, so things didn't get off to a very good start. I managed to shoot my two monologues using just my cameraman and myself, but I needed everyone else for the rest of the scenes.

I am going to focus on writing instead. I'm a better writer than director so I'm going to improve my skills in this area.

So basically, STF is no more. Gone for good, this time...

Junior Hostboard Member Aljhone's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: We're Back...

Quote Originally Posted by philipswales View Post
    Sorry Derek, but we've decided not to continue with Crap Shoot or any other project.

It was getting too hard to try and get the crew together. A lot of our guys work weekends, and since the weekend is the only time we had in which to shoot anything, it was becoming a logistical nightmare.

Back in September I tried to schedule the first day of shooting, and at least one person in the group was unavailable every weekend up till Xmas, so things didn't get off to a very good start. I managed to shoot my two monologues using just my cameraman and myself, but I needed everyone else for the rest of the scenes.

I am going to focus on writing instead. I'm a better writer than director so I'm going to improve my skills in this area.

So basically, STF is no more. Gone for good, this time...
    https://apkrockstar.com/