Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

i signed up for this hostboard thing because i had such a huge burning passion to tear up this movie. i saw it last night at a dollar theatre. it has made me angry for 12 hours now. (just so you know, i am a male.) it is because of movies like this that men think they should be able to whistle at,have sex with, and degrade however many women they can. the message we get from the movie is "women are just objects for us to look at, lust over, and try to put our *****es in". the sole purpose of females in this movie, was sexual beings to look at. everyone left with dozens of subliminal messages that women are weaker than men, women are controlled by men, women should be willing to have sex with whatever man wants them. men were portrayed as strong, in control, and sexually satisfied. all the women but one died! and she was only introduced for 2 minutes of the movie, long enough to have sex with someone and then be forgotten about. and of course none of the others died until after someone had sex with them, or someone lusted after their bodies. Every woman exposed their breasts throughout the entire movie. even the top of the female hero appeared that she was wearing nothing. it was tan with a red patch on each ******. she couldnt just be heroic, she had to be wearing a sexy corsette and black leather boots. i left feeling like my gender will always be inferior to men. i left feeling sad that if i ever have daughters they will be bombarded with messages like this. we cant avoid it, unless we lock ourselves in our houses. it is very sad to me that the world has no desire to change and little girls will inevitably feel the need to look sexy, and be disired sexually by men. who cares if a woman is smart, she also has to be naked and vulnerable at some point. if a women is strong and kills monsters, she still should be wearing tight clothing with red lipstick. the world claims it is changing by putting women in dominant roles, but they always happen to also have their breasts exposed and fall on top of a man with their ****** near his mouth (like this movie). i'm sad about where the world is headed. and what girls have to deal with on a daily basis.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh wow! Great post! You have a lot of strong opinions about this movie and I commend you for them all! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] You did say you were male, right? I was really surprised about that after reading your post. Anyway, I have yet to see that movie and it's playing at our cheap theater here but, really, I have no real desire to see it. I mean, c'mon, how can Stephen Sommers, director of The Mummy and this obvious POS, possibly top the Mummy movies or even, as producer, The Scorpion King. My wife wanted to see it but luckily for us, the nearest showtime was after 7 p.m. so we opted to see Scooby Doo 2 instead (and were glad we did).

Sure, SD2 had a few moments I had to question... like why on earth would Velma put on a skin, and I do mean, skin tight fire red rubber jumpsuit and say to her betrothed...,"Who's your mommy..."? Admittedly, she WAS hot, for sure, but that really was unnecessary, given the original series had nothing of the sort in it.

KKompes, I commend you for your post, really. I'm a big fan of action movies and I have to see the bog summer ones like last year's "Bad Boys II". It was awesome but there was a scene, very gratuitous, that should have been cut down and had this section cut out. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence go undercover into a morgue to see if they can find any evidence on the bad guys in this one to put them away for selling Ecstacy. There was a cadaver... nude woman with a very fake chest... obviously. The camera must have been on her for infinity. Unnecessary abd very out of place in this movie.

In closing I have to say, Hollywood needs to rethink its summer movies and make better decisions about what they offer families.