Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before we get down to the business of criticizing each other, I'm hoping we can do a round of introductions to get to know each other a little better first.

My name is Fletch and I live in Seattle, the rainy part of the United States. I currently work as a public affairs writer for the US Navy and most of my writing experience is of the journalistic kind. However, I've been working a handful of screenplays since college (which, coincidentally, was the last time I actually finished one) and I'm hoping this writing group will give me the boot in the rear I need to complete one.

My screenwriting inspirations include Tom Stoppard's spot-on dialogue, Stephen Sommers' cliche-shattering conventions, and Vincenzo Natali's character depth. Current projects include a western horror featuring cowboys vs. zombies called 'Boot Hill', a historical bio-tainment piece based on Mme. Maupin called, oddly, 'Maupin', and an adaptation of Hamlet called 'The Great Muppet Tragedy'. Of those, Boot Hill is the farthest along with the plot, characters and actions all spelled out. Now I just need to grind out the dialogue.

Who's next?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys,

My name is Ian Grey and i'm from Swanssea, Wales. Currently i'm working as a freelance editor but also have a passion for writing.

Currently i'm writing a film about a man who's blackmailed to rob a bank while strapped to a bomb, the story of a 14th centuary welsh knight who rebelled against the king of england and a silent post-apocalyptic drama.

Hey Fletch137. I have been throwing around the idea of doing a zombie cowboy film for awhile. Would love to read what your doing in the genre.

Hope this forum becomes a big success

All the best

Ian

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm Paul.

I thought I'd set this thing up based on Fletch's suggestion, although I probably won't be able to check in as much as I'd like.

I started writing at about 12, although I only got into screenwriting about 5 years ago (aged 27).

I'm currently in the second year of studying "BA (Hons) Media Writing and Production", a movie-making degree (if you will), and writing a lot of screenplays despite my best efforts at procrastination [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I have several projects in the pipeline, including a zombie film with an unusual twist (conception stage, so I'm not giving it away yet), a futuristic robot/zombie film called The Tower, and Convulsion, about a girl in a coma who's trying to get her parents back together...