Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This Friday, May 9th come see Abby Travis and her brilliant band perform at The Derby in Los Angeles California at 9:00. AND WE REALLY MEAN 9:00!!!
    The Derby is located at 4500 Los Feliz Blvd. Admission is $10 21+
    After Abby's set stick around for Rene Risque, Les Sans Culottes and Denge Fever. This show will sell out. Recently spotted worshipping the beautiful croonings of Ms Travis: members of Faith No More, L7, Black Flag, and The Bags! Abby is the chanteuse of choice for the O.G. punk set [img]smile.gif[/img]

This Saturday, May 10 and every other upcoming Sat in May witness AbbyIn the side splitting role of Pam Lapdiver in The Strip!! at http://www.abbytravis.com/news/strip.jpg At The Evidence Room-2200 Beverly Boulevard in Los Angeles. 213- 382- 7118 for more info. Tickets cost $10 and the play begins at 11:00. Recently spotted in the uber cool audience: Jack Black, Lori Metcalffe and those wacky Zappa kids!!

best regards!

Veronica Gibson
    http://www.AbbyTravis.com/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come down and see Abby's hilarious role as Pam Lapdiver in "The Strip, A Living Comic Book" SATURDAYS @ 11PM (through June 28 -- Abby will not be in the show June 7th though)presented by Kirk Wilson and Bart DeLorenzo - at the Evidence Room , 2220 Beverly Blvd., L.A. Sat. 11 p.m.$10. (213) 381-7118.

Also save the date: Fri, May 30th 9:15 pm at The Viper Room Abby and her fabulous band will destroy your mind with their indomitable beauty!!!
    here's the line up

Abby T: (Original Sinners, Elastica, ex KMFDM, Beck Band, Lovedolls, Rails et al) lead vocals and a little bass
    Kristian Hoffman : (Mumps, Swinging Madisons, Lydia Lunch, Rufus Wainright, solo artiste) keyboards
    Alfredo Ortiz: (Money Mark, Beastie Boys, Los Villians) drums
    Eva Gardner: (Tijuana Bibles) bass
    Dave Bongiovanni : (El Vez) guitar
    Pia Glenn: TV star and broadway diva on vocals

Plus special super star guest JACK ATLANTIS will join Abby in a rare duet!!!!

THE DISCOUNT PASSWORD TO GET INTO THE VIPER ROOM FOR $8 INSTEAD OF $15 FOR ABBY'S SHOW IS "DARK GARFUNKLE"
    best regards!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fri, May 30th 9:15 pm at The Viper Room in Hollywood California Abby Travis and her fabulous band will destroy your mind with their indomitable beauty!!!

here's the line up

Abby T: (Original Sinners, Elastica, ex KMFDM, Beck Band, Lovedolls, Rails et al) lead vocals and a little bass
    Kristian Hoffman : (Mumps, Swinging Madisons, Lydia Lunch, Rufus Wainright, solo artiste) keyboards
    Alfredo Ortiz: (Money Mark, Beastie Boys, Los Villians) drums
    Eva Gardner: (Tijuana Bibles) bass
    Dave Bongiovanni : (El Vez) guitar
    Pia Glenn: TV star and broadway diva on vocals

Plus special super star guest JACK ATLANTIS will join Abby in a rare duet!!!!

THE DISCOUNT PASSWORD TO GET INTO THE VIPER ROOM FOR $8 INSTEAD OF $15 FOR ABBY'S SHOW IS "DARK GARFUNKLE"

Spotted at Abby's last show: Members of Blondie, L7, The Cramps, and Designer Michael Schmidt!!

SAT MAY 31 (ongoing)Come down and see Abby's hilarious role as Pam Lapdiver in "The Strip, A Living Comic Book" SATURDAYS @ 11PM (through June 28) At The Evidence Room-2220 Beverly Blvd., L.A. Sat. 11 p.m. $10. (213) 381-7118.

Howdy,

I'm in a fine mood right now. Check out this link to download an ambient loop I made for CooperatingSystems at http://cooperatingsystems.com/

Last Saturday I sang "Everything's Wonderful" and "Sunday Is The Day For Love" during my performance in The Strip and Lilly Tomlin was sitting in the front row!!!! How rad is that? She is such a genius and I was so star struck [img]smile.gif[/img] She was super nice after the show (YEY)

I'm really looking forward to The Viper Room this weekend - Next week I'm going out of town for a bit. After that I'm finishing up my run in The Strip and recording- gonna get a new record done [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I guess that's it for right now- Hope all's well with ya'll

Abby T

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Come enjoy a saucey, sinfully, swellegant Father's Day at The House of Blues Sunset Strip this Sunday, June 15th at 9:00pm!
    Fresh from her last fabulous performance at the packed Viper Room Abby will star as the chanteuse with the cutest caboose at Ballyhoo Royale, at http://www.lowbrowlabs.com/ballyhoo/ along with other featured perfromers, Kitten Deville (miss exotic world 2002), Kitty Diggins, Ginger Goldmine and Rubber Boy from the Jim Rose Circus Side Show!!!!

For Tickets call 323.848.5100

There are only THREE more performances of The Strip! at http://www.abbytravis.com/news/strip.jpg ----click there for details- last three shows are 6/14,6/21 and 6/28. Curtain at 11:00 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Abby promises to update her diary section on www.abbytravis.com with all the juicy details of her sordid and fabulous love life soon... (Actually I think she's just going to talk about the Gatti- Ward fight and how Abby and bassist extraordinaire Eva Gardner basically took over Atlantic City.. or something- I don't know check for yourselves.) Photo's from the Viper Room show should be posted soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thursday- July 24th. Abby returns with her fabulous band to The Derby in Los Feliz. Brian Grillo and The Claifornia Navel Academy are opening the show- Abby plays at 10:00. 21+

As you probably already know- Abby's band is comprised of:

Abby Travis- vox and a little bass
    Kristian Hoffman- keys
    Alfredo Ortiz-drums
    Dave Bongiovanni-guitar
    Eva Gradner-bass
    Pia Glen-vocals

Come see Abby duet with Kristian Hoffman during his performance at Spaceland in Silverlake CA on July 30th as well!!!

LA STREET TEAM WANTED!!!!!!! Do you want free tickets to Abby Travis shows? Do you like autographed special Abby Travis merch? Do you want to help spread the gospel of ABBY TRAVIS by passing at flyers at concerts and local music retail outlets?? PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK FOR MORE INFO- [email protected]

Here are some words from Ms. Travis:

Hi Everyone!I'm just sweating it out here in this fucked up heatwave! I had a fun weekend that included a raucous Friday night at Vag Davis' weekly happening Bricktops; a nice visit with an old friend on Sunday--- sadly her swimming pool was broken!!!!!!;and working on new songs in between.

I've not really seen any awe inspiring bands lately- Except Vaginal Davis @ Bricktops is allways a winner [img]smile.gif[/img] I've done some more music for the re- release of Dave Markey's cult classic "Lovedolls Superstar" coming out on DVD in the near future.

The Hootenanny was pretty fun but just really hot. There were a bunch of sweet cars in the car show and cute rockabilly people to look at. It's allways fun to play with The Original Sinners anywas. (I LOVE DJ!!!!!!!!!)

OK. I'm going to go to pilates now and then into my studio to finish a song for my next CD

PLEASE JOIN THE STREET TEAM IF IT SUITS YOU.

bye,

Abby T
    best regards!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This Saturday: August 9th- Abby will dust off her fruit hat and beguile the swooning hordes with a performance of "Sunday Is The Day For Love" in The Tiki Burlesque Exotica at The Keyclub!
    This event is an all night tiki Party featuring the legendary Don Ho!
    The Keyclub is located at 9039 Sunset Blvd.

For our loyal fans we have limited 1/2 price tix for The Tiki night available!!!!!! email [email protected] with your request ASAP

Weds: August 20th Abby and her fabulous band are opening up for The Twilight Singers at Spaceland!! (1717 Silverlake Blvd). As you probably know; The Twilight Singers is the new group from The Afghan Whigs' ubersexy frontman Greg Dulli and this is the first Twilight show in 3 years! Don't miss this opportunity to see two of the most bad ass performers in music on the same bill!

best regards!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Save The Date- Weds August 20th: Abby Travis and her band play at Spaceland at 10:00. Following the sizzling set Travis is famous for are The Twilight Singers (feat Greg Dulli of Afghan Whigs) Spaceland is located at 1717 Silverlake Blvd in Silverlake- 21+ $10 get there early- this show will probably sell out

This will be the last Los Angeles show for Abby until close to Halloween.Those of you in the Pacific Northwest can check out Abby on 9/5 at Dante's Inferno in Portland!
    best regards!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok - here's a little show that might be fun- Note- Abby is playing bass in the band *not* singing or dancing- Do you know of any other women that can be the hottest thing in a Burlesque show one month and the next month nail down the low end in the pit band?? Talk about triple threat....

The Velvet Hammer Burlesque & I Can't Believe It's Not Comedy
    Are proud to present, for the very first time a Monthly Cavalcade of comedy, frolic and live bawdy adult entertainment as you like it!!!

Premiering Saturday, September 20th, at The oh so glamorous Derby.
    4500 Los Feliz Blvd. Los Angeles.

* Tickets : A Bohemian friendly $10 ? So much BANG for your hard earned BUCK!!!
    * Showtime : 9 P.M. - 21 and Over
    *Featuring : LIVE music by The Millionaire & His Bad Bad Men
    & a brand new cast of Fascinating Felliniesque Females !!

A new show every month!

Genteel attire suggested for the conscientious socialite.

Also- Abby and her fabulous band return to Los Angeles on 10/22 for The Bat show at The Knitting Factory!!!!!!!!!

best regards!

Veronica Gibson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Save The Date- Tuesday October 21st. Abby Travis and her band will perform at The Viper Room. The show is $6 with flyer or the password "louche". Abby plays at 9:00 followed by Samantha Ronson.

This may be the last Abby show for 2003.
    best regards!

Veronica Gibson
    http://www.AbbyTravis.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This Friday, July 2nd. Abby Travis makes her triumphant return to Vaginal Davis iconic night spot Bricktops!!

Bricktops is located at The Parlour Club, 7702 Santa Monica Blvd. In the Russian Quarter of West Hollywood. The Evening is a tribute to Cecil B. Demille and Abby will be performing a multimedia cabaret set with accompainist Kristian Hoffman. 10:30 pm, $5.

July 19th is the opening night of Abby's new club Mata Hari "An Evening of Musical Espionage at http://www.clubmatahari.com The show starts at 7:30 pm and dinner is available as well. Abby will open the evening performing her stylized cabaret madness, followed by NY club Superstar Constance performing some of the repertoire of 40's loony chantesue Ruth Wallace, followed by a rare, fabulous cabaret performance by living legend Ann Magnuson!!! After all this Abby will return to the stage with her entire band AND special guest Jane Wiedlin "the sweetheart of The Go Go's" who will bring you to your knees!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast