Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Date: 8/20/06

"My Sharona" Drummer Bruce Gary in Critical Condition

Bruce Gary, drummer for the chart topping 80?s band The Knack, is in critical condition and in the last stages of cancer.

Bruce Gary is perhaps best known for his work with the multi-million selling band The Knack, and the unforgettable drum beat of their number one international smash, "My Sharona". However, this two-time Grammy nominee has had a successful career apart from The Knack as a stage performer, producer and recording artist.

Gary has recorded with Cream's Jack Bruce, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Stephen Stills, Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Bette Midler, Yoko Ono, Harry Nilsson, The Doors' guitarist Robby Krieger, and Andy Summers (Police), just to name a few.

Gary has enjoyed a successful touring and recording relationship with blues masters Albert Collins, Albert King and John Lee Hooker. Additionally, he toured with Randy Meisner (Eagles), Spencer Davis and Denny Laine (Moody Blues/Wings).

His session work has encompassed rock, blues, surf, country and even Broadway show tunes. He co-produced a series of critically acclaimed posthumous releases from Jimi Hendrix, including the platinum selling "Blues" compilation. For more than three decades, Bruce Gary has established himself, as one of rock 'n' roll's preeminent drummers.

Gary chose to homeopathically treat the illness, and chose to make the battle a private one. Friends and family were shocked to hear of his condition, and are offering a flood of support and concern.

He is currently in a Los Angeles hosptial, his mother and closest friends by his side.

Bruce Gary?s official Website: www.BruceGary.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Man thats terrible news Bruce was a great drummer his playing on "my sharona" is awesome full of power and skill. Condolences to him and his loved ones.