Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The kids aren't alright wasn't even a very good song. ULTIMATE WARRIOR is surprised by it's popularity. Especially after the Offspring had moulded themselves to the first time listeners as a pop band with Pretty Fly. ULTIMATE WARRIOR reckons the offspring's technique is to write a couple of pop songs for their albums especially for single release so they'll attract buyers from the mainstream audience not really knowing what they're doing as well as loyal fans who they don't need to use any tactics to sell records to. ULTIMATE WARRIOR will admit that this is a clever tactic and tips his hat to Dexter Holland.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR is just another face in the crowd.

Inactive Member A DINGO ATE MY BABY's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ULTIMATE WARRIOR has to admit that Americana had it's moments as did Conspiricy Of One. Pay The Man is ULTIMATE WARRIOR's personal favourite Offspring song.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR sometimes cries himself to sleep at night.

Inactive Member jon, king of the a.v's's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

old offspring makes me feel young again! smash reminds me of the summer of 1996.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah offspring are a good band. theres no point in me saying anything else cos everyone else has said it.

another band i like lot is green day. they have been slagged off alot from their last album and i loved it. i dont care that its not "punk". it has some great songs on there.

other bands ive noticed lately that its popular to slag off are linkin park, papa roach, and of course lost prophets...ha ha deconstruction was dead funny

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by belly boy:
    yeah offspring are a good band. theres no point in me saying anything else cos everyone else has said it.

other bands ive noticed lately that its popular to slag off are linkin park, papa roach, and of course lost prophets...ha ha deconstruction was dead funny
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

point 1 - just coz other ppl have sed they like offspring, u dont have to conform! its ur opinion and it shouldnt matter what others should say

point 2 - linkin park coz...well, u seen there next album?!?! its fucked! its just the first remixed b4 they bring out a proper one! dicks! they had a few good songs tho. very newbo band tho and thats what they were aimed for.
    lost prophets are a talented bunch and they did work from the roots unlike plinkin lark...proved by comin to good ol' gy to help themselves.
    papa roach i shouldnt see why ppl slag em off! infest was an alrite album and i got lovehatetradgedy today and it is impressive for a first hearing. jacobys voice varies from song to song and there are many different riffs throughout...good buy in my opinion(s)
    *expects backlash*

Inactive Member Sheriff John Bunell's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fozz:

**point 1 - just coz other ppl have sed they like offspring, u dont have to conform! its ur opinion and it shouldnt matter what others should say

***and there are many different riffs throughout...
    *expects backlash*
    </font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

**What!? Did you not understand his post?

***I should think there are many different riffs throughout... they couldn't put the same ones in every song.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 22, 2002 02:02 PM: Message edited by: John Bunell Ret. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

no fozz didnt understand my point at all. im glad someone did though. the whole poi t of me not saying anything was because i didnt see the point in writing what everyone else had more or less said anyway. i doubt at all i was conforming, espechially as i own a few offspring albums and them and green day were the first punk bands i got into and still like.

anyway, im too tired to argue

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bollocks! i give in
    was just the way it seemed. one grammatical error and i get flawed with a correct response [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] nm.
    rickells, why is it u too who always points it out? lol

Inactive Member Sheriff John Bunell's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because you get reet on my tits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ha ha...nay mind! you still put good points accross at times, you just misunderstood me, it doesnt matter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12