Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Fuck that shit, does anyone on here play Tac Ops?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Still can't believe no one has mentioned the brilliance that is Halo. It pisses all over the over first person shoot em ups.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I recently experienced the Xbox machine and have to say what a BEAST. It looked like it weighed a tonne, and the controllers - just too big.
    As for gameplay, all 3 don't seem to differ that much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only console I know that can play DivX is the dreamcast and a divx CD thingy. If you can get a cheap second hand one, it may be worth it just to have that playing your divx movies. PS2 pisses on xbox and gamecube in many ways. Get one of them - they have the most, the best and the cheapest games. Mint

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i played on both, but i prefer the ps2 i recon, but the xbox aint bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by elephant.stone:
    pffft xbox

long live PS2 and Gamecube
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cube is for 5 - 12 yr olds (trust me i bought my 6 yr old son one for xmas)and ps2 not only is its life span over, the ps3 (if we ever see it) will kill ps2. "But the ps3 will be backwards compatible" the kids will cry, yeah right like that saved the ps1. If ya buy a ps3 are you still gonna buy ps2 games ? Thought not. I win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

but the reason not many PSX games were not bought for the PS2 was most people owned a chipped Playstation and you cannot run copied games on a PS2. I don't know people with copied PS2 games. Plus how many decent games are out only on the PS2? LOADS! you don't win - you are just being biased because you own one of the consoles. I don't own any but have played them. Gamecube is a little kids console. There are about 10 adult games, if that!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Michael Hunt:
    but the reason not many PSX games were not bought for the PS2 was most people owned a chipped Playstation and you cannot run copied games on a PS2. I don't know people with copied PS2 games. Plus how many decent games are out only on the PS2? LOADS! you don't win - you are just being biased because you own one of the consoles. I don't own any but have played them. Gamecube is a little kids console. There are about 10 adult games, if that!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Michael Hunt:
    but the reason not many PSX games were not bought for the PS2 was most people owned a chipped Playstation and you cannot run copied games on a PS2. I don't know people with copied PS2 games. Plus how many decent games are out only on the PS2? LOADS! you don't win - you are just being biased because you own one of the consoles. I don't own any but have played them. Gamecube is a little kids console. There are about 10 adult games, if that!</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well just a few points, i dont own any consoles anymore, the last one i had was a Dreamcast, brand loyalty as ive owned everything they ever made ever. Yes you can chip PS2 have been able too since day one, lets be honest Sony never made any effort to protect their machines hence their popularity, send me your email address cause i have 90 odd ps2 copied games going to the person with the correct wad. Not mine someone elses unwanted now he has an xbox

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just realised my post may make a few cry or get sweaty under the collar so her it is in brief.

GameCube - Probably get supported by a few decent companies, Nintendo will produce loads of stuff of which 90% will be for children, granted most of the stuff will be quality, after all the are a publishing company and not a software/hardware company which most people think. The price is right.

PS2 - Dated and now looks it, shit load of games available, just like the ps1 decent titles can actually be counted on two hands (come on be honest), the exclusive rights they made companies sign (during the Sega v Sony war) was for 6 yrs and now its over so companies aren't gonna rush their products onto that ageing machine. Although it will still be supported, for a bit anyway. On the downside if you buy one new it'll loose its value very quick.

Xbox - The new kid on the block, uses some of Sony's mentallity as it was chippable from day one, on release last year a friend of mine got his chipped in Sheffield by the bloke (an internet legend) who makes the chips.Piveledged people only. Proper networking, compatable with your PC. Software being developed by outside hacking groups ie-dump your xbox harddrive to your pc for editing, its own multiformat media player etc etc. All major software companies writing for it. Same price as the ageing PS2 already. Plus it doesnt look like an Atari 2600. Can install a Linux OS. Hacked free internet access. Need i go on ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast