Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hardy Fischotter is a great German drummer very influenced by Vinnie Colaiuta, with a very clean technique, nice fusion grooves and impressive solos. He recorded some great albums with Susan Weinert, a female guitar player very influenced by Allan Holdsworth and Scott Henderson. I think HODers should check him out. So, I posted a mp3 here. Curiously, that track is called ?Vinnie? (from Susan Weinert?s The Bottom Line) and, about 5:56, Hardy plays a solo with some typical Vinnie Colaiuta phrases.

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...H2W13Z7HT9O2VY

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Navega,

Thanks for your great post.

Yeah this guy can play !!!
    We can hear Weckl too in his play.
    How he plays, he reminds me Steve Holmes too.

And yes song has some Holdsworth's sound...
    Great.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, the reason that tune is entitled "Vinnie" is because that's Vinnie on drums. He wasn't credited with the session on the album credits, but it's him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi - i first heard this band when a college buddy who is german,wanted to do a couple tunes from one of their earlier albums, "mysterious stories" ,i belive. very impressed with the guys playing. infact , the whole band smokes ( all three of them on the album i've heard, i believe!) . very tasty. there are loads of clips on the susan weinert web site if anyone's interested

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 11, 2005 08:36 PM: Message edited by: drumkid ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2005 08:49 PM: Message edited by: drumkid ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yam is that whole album vinnie?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by yamdrums:
    Actually, the reason that tune is entitled "Vinnie" is because that's Vinnie on drums. He wasn't credited with the session on the album credits, but it's him.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vinnie Colaiuta? I don?t think so. Where did you get this info? I just read the "Special Thanks" section. Rachel Z (who played keyboards on "Vinnie"), Joey Heredia, Gary Willis and many others are listed there but Vinnie Colaiuta isn't mentioned. Like I said, Hardy Fischotter is VERY influenced by Vinnie.
    Here, another mp3: "Triple X", also from Susan Weinert?s The Bottom Line (again, at the end of this tune you can listen to some Colaiuta-inspired fills)

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...K3SOT0GUDOAANQ

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hi Derek. NO. Vinnie did that one tune with Susan so that's what they named the tune, because it was basically a feature (obviously) for him. I bought the record because of the Vinnie showcase tune... it is a great album however and Hardy F. does a great job on the rest of the tracks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by drumkid:
    Hi - i first heard this band when a college buddy who is german,wanted to do a couple tunes from one of their earlier albums, "mysterious stories" ,i belive. very impressed with the guys playing. infact , the whole band smokes ( all three of them on the album i've heard, i believe!) . very tasty. there are loads of clips on the susan weinert web site if anyone's interested

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 11, 2005 08:36 PM: Message edited by: drumkid ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 11, 2005 08:49 PM: Message edited by: drumkid ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The three first Susan Weinert's albums are my favorites, namely: "Mysterious Stories", "Crunch Time" and "The Bottom Line". All of them are full of Colaiuta-inspired ideas. Susan Weinert just released a new cd, which according to reviews is very influenced by "IOU"-era Allan Holdsworth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Yamdrum,

I just went to listen this track named "Vinnie" again very carrefuly.
    Well I really don't think that it's Vinnie on drums.
    If it's him, I'm really surprised, but I think that it's nothim.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmmm contencious! I haven't listened to the second track, but I have to agree with Rodge. On hearing the first track, I would say that it's a guy who is obviously heavile influenced by Vinnie, but it isn't the man himself.

Steve? Randy? Any thoughts? [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 12, 2005 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast