Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Found this tonight EBAY FIND... Had to chuckle at the last statement about - "unless you were at these shows I guarantee you haven't seen any of this footage"...

I chuckled because one of them's from Steve's HOD site, the b&w Baked Potato footage...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. This is an old thread i missed. Would have loved to see some sample clips... cool...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had Another Experience. When i immedialy signed up for the Vinnie Website i recieved this mail:

"Vinnie Colaiuta: These DVDs contain 4+ hours showing Vinnie playing the most outrageous, stunning, mind-blowing, mind stretching solo / fills !!
    From original tapes, this DVD set provides a close up view of very focused footage of drumming genius, Vinnie Colaiuta playing during a house drumming gig on the Joan Rivers Show that aired live on broadcast television. These discs capture Vinnie playing with a studio Television big band each night for 7 months.

Each night, the cameraman would zoom in on Vinnie as he would play an over-the -top, breath taking 2 bar drum fill/solo !!! Each night Vinnie played a completely original fill...no repeating on his part.

To drummers, this represents the ultimate in spontaneous, improvised, most creative, uniquely phrased and inspired drumming.

He played with such authority, even while taking such chances, stretching his imagination to create drum fills that no other drummers have imagined.

Not only is he captured playing the theme song in which he plays the solo fills, but shows Vinnie playing with the musical guests like Herbie Hancock, Geo Duke, Michael Sembello, Anita Baker, Rita Moreno, Tom Jones, etc., etc., etc.,

Also included are the 'guest play ons' and commercial break music. Very clear audio. Some solo fills are repeated for study / enjoyment purposes.

Filler on last disc includes highlights from VC drum clinic in Japan, Vinnie on GRP tour with Grusin, Ritenour, Landers and Tom Scott, Vinnie @ Zildjian Day 1987 and Vinnie solo trading with Dave Weckl !!

"

Has Vinnie given Consent to this Ray guy?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Klemme:
    [Has Vinnie given Consent to this Ray guy?[/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO !!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it possible that someone could share these DVDs on dimeadozen?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree. Share them on Dime and then post on these forums that they are over at dime. It appears that Getes has most likely covered his cost and is making money now. Time to put and end to that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah agreed, ok he might have put a lot of effort into buying a dvd burner and editing but have you ever heard the saying give first and you shall receive?

And its not like the DVD burner is solely for the purpose of burning Vinnie with the Joan Rivers show dvds...hes going to use it for other stuff...and for the time spent taping and editing, well you did it for yourself..why not share it instead of doing it for yourself and then making money of other people aswell?

People chapter, make dvd covers and do all sorts of stuff and then share it on dime..they go through long lengths such as even breaking the law recording live concerts which they also share!

All that had to be done was for 1 person to buy the set and then put it on dime..hell i would have even gone as far as all of us putting a bit of money into a pay pal account (1 dollar each or something) and buying 1 set which then 1 person could host on dime and that would have ended it

sorry for the rant, now on a nicer note

Could someone please share these on dime?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I traded Getes some boots that I had for the DVD's, and he still tried to make me kick him down some cash on the side. He is obviously a serious collector of Vinnie "everything", but Vinnie would not agree with Getes exploitation of these DVD's.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213