Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking at the archives the other day I noted two years ago there might be 30 or 40 readers per post with sometimes only two or three posters per topic. Those days are over, the word is out on HOD, internationally.

The site has attracted name drummers as members in that time, as well as hundreds of others whose names are, thanks to HOD, known the world over. I mean I know about Weckl and Vinnie and DiCenso but I know about LA Danny and donu too. To me, they're famous.

And I think we all have a pretty good idea who might be lurking. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm waiting to cash in on the HOD groupies, now that i'm internationally famous [img]wink.gif[/img]

Too bad i picked a lame screen-name... i wasn't planning on 800+ posts, i just wanted to get on and rant and now look where i am [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

I was thinking of stealing Fuse's name once he dropped it (cash in on HIS fame) but haven't got around to it... yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, matricks is a great nom de Internette. Like matrix. How cool is that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeahhhhhhhhh!
    hod rules guys!
    this topic gives me an opportunity to say how lucky and happy i feel,to know all of you on this forum.
    Not only are you fine drummers,but also great persons with a great spirit,whose opinions and thoughts i value a lot.
    Feels good to be a part of it.
    Long live HOD!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Drummers like you, Klemme, Juan Expo and ashio NZ (among others) emphasize the global appeal. I feel like I'd recognize Juan, Klemme, Steve Holmes or you, drumaddix, on the street (if those are really your pictures.)

Seems to me Klemme used to look a lot more like Jeff. [img]tongue.gif[/img] J/K, mayne!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 04, 2005 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Five Eight ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Might get a few more Brits too, now that young Mr Erskine has mentioned HoD by name in his most excellent column in Rhythm...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the HOD community is getting big for sure. It's kind of scary.
    I have ideas for the site and forum but haven't had the time to make any changes really. The site needs a face lift, the forums need one too I think. Gotta keep things fresh.
    Derek and I have spoke about him doing a hardware piece, kind of a FAQ of sorts (Yamaha Maple vs Birch vs Gretsch Maple and birch and plywood and God knows what else).
    I could use some more server space to put more files on. Latest recordings I'm listening to with a summary about them and an Amazon link. Stuff like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it ain't broke, why fix it? I'd miss the old brown.

Hundreds of people post now and thousands more read as opposed to dozens of people posted then and hundreds read. There's an instant gratification knowing my man in Hong Kong just read something I posted from Texas.

On the flipside in MD I might learn Elvin died 8 or 9 months ago.

Inactive Member got_a_matchgrip's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Righteous. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

speaking of missing the old brown, I miss the old white backround that HOD started out with, lol. This site has been a plethora of learning & growth for me since I stumbled upon it around '99. There was a time where I didn't post so much, but nowadays I find myself posting more and more.

While I don't consider myself one of the famous HOD members, someday I hope to contribute more to this community of drummers. I still have tons to learn, just like anyone. There are things yet to be explored, drummers I haven't checked out and this forum is the first place I'd consult for anything related to drums, music, etc.

Who knows, someday this forum & HOD may lead to such things as the HOD convention, a place where members can share ideas, knowledge & love of the instrument. Ok, that sounded gay.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast