Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey,

for those who are interested, dave gave me some stuff to convert for him. he's going to put it up on the taye site at some point in time, but didn't mind if i posted it here.

enjoy....

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...M0DDGG2LT5OJNR

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...03MYU5BMMDOHZL

chris perra

Inactive Member got_a_matchgrip's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey THX for those man.

One of the 'new school guys.' I dig him.

Groovissimo

I too have become a big fan of David Langguth. Seeing and hearing him play in Montreal made me realise that we should never judge a musician from what he or she is playing with an artist.

It's the over-all picture, just like Vinnie, JR, etc.

Dave is a world-class drummer. We all know how tough it is, these days, to be recognized. It takes years. But Dave is young, and he will get the chance to show his incredible talent to the world !
    postimages15CLANGGUTHHITTING

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes...I must agree...I saw Dave play a clinic in Toronto and it was definitely impressive...it was much different than what I was expecting and I left very surprised with his playing. He is an awesome player.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

David Langguth(drummer with Nelly Furtado)is a refreshing addition to the "world" class group
    of master drummers. He is Berklee schooled but by his incredible obvious sense of groove and mastery of concentration, this drummer(to me)is a musician who happens to play the drums.

He must think in milliseconds. I have seen him play in Toronto in clubs with an amazing funk soul band, and every time I had the oportunity to catch the band, eventually later in the show he would do a solo. The packed club would come to a stand still because of one the most amazing hipnotic drum solo performances I've ever seen.

He has such an amazing style of continuity of groove but with a broad spectrum of colour and such innovation in adding voices while never leaving you wondering where the pocket is.

I saw an advertisement in one of the local drumshops last fall that he would be performing at The Montreal International Drum Fest in November of 2004.

I and 8 of my buddies flew to Montreal to see Dave play and what we saw was more proof that this man has the ability to enter into a totally different genre of music and feel just as comfortable in expression, as when we saw him do funk. He did a jazz fushion solo on top of guitar and bass. His hands and feet are of world renown technique and his taste is equal.

It just goes to show that you can't judge a book by it's commercial cover. What I mean by that is that we all see drummers who back up a famous singer on world tours, but they have a job to do by sticking to back up, in a band that has to be loyal to the hit recordings that made them famous, and also because the fans want to hear what attracted them in the first place.

I have seen Vinnie Caliuta, Steeve Smith, Marco Minimun, Will Kennedy, Thomas Lang, and many other famous drummers and I put David Langguth in the same circle as these. He desrves to be told about and seen. I don't aspire to there being one best drummer in the world, but I do aspire to one world of great drummers.

Please forgive me if I've spelled any of the above drummer's names incorrectly.

P.S. I had an opportunity to meet Dave Langguth after his performance in Montreal and he is such a gentleman too.

Cheers,

Norm Calp

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 05, 2005 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Norman Calp ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. It gives me a different perspective than the one I have had all these years watching Dave grow up and develop his talent. I guess I took a lot of it for granted. I heard him play everyday since we were kids and it (his music) was just part of what it ment to be in our family. My wakeup call was seeing him play with Nelly in Toronto. It was quite sobering, as he solo'd at the end to watch the crowd rise and feel the numbing shouts of thousands around me.

Good Job lil' bro.