Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys a couple questions to those who own a Dr.Beat or Rythym Watch....

Santa brought me my Clickstation as requested on the wish list.....however I was curious if the other metronomes mentioned above have superior memory.....because.....

"This device has no data backup capabilities to preserve data when the battery is removed or when the AC adaptor is disconnected.
    If this device is left without power supplied from a 9v battery or the AC adaptor, song and chain program data created by the user will be lost"

Is this the same for yours?

I just see myself having to reprogram tempo's and set lists 5 minutes before a gig...I know it!!!!

cheers

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey man,

I have one of these too. The deal is, you can leave it without a battery and retain the data for about two minutes or so.

Literally, a battery change will be fine, but if you have no power going to the unit (and by that I mean a unit with no battery - it doesn't have to always be switched on...) you've got about two minutes before all the stuff you programmed in goes bye-bye...

Hope this helps mate...

MP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Santa's elves must have been busy making those Clickstations cause I got one for Xmas too!!!

Yeah, I noticed that disclaimer as well about the memory which kinda sucks - two other things that are a bit disappointing about the unit are

1- CAN NOT CHANGE THE ANNOYING CLICK SOUND, there are no other sound options like cowbell - so you are screwed.
    2- CAN NOT PROGRAM ODD TIME SIGNATURES!

Maybe the ultimate "Clickstation" has yet to be made.

Cheers, Chris

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey man,

Yeah, that single pitch is kinda annoying isn't it. As far as odd times are concerned, yes you can have them with the Clickstation. Read the manual...

MP

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah ok I think it's the add extra beat thing? I'll have to try it out, thanks.

Yeah the pitch is annoying, but since it has every note programmed into it (tuner) you'd think it's possible to tweak the click.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah you would think Chris.....

thanks Groovemiester....

Sure is smaller than the picture would have you believe.....
    I think Chris was onto something with the patch idea that would attach to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With regards to, the 'ultimate' click station. I also agree that it has yet to made. I just got a korg digital metronome for xmas and for such a simple thing it has some great features. For examples it can click in no or several time signatures from 2 up to 7, and it can click a variety of sub-divisions also; 8ths, 16th, 8th-triplets, swung 8ths, and dotted 8th-16ths - which is really cool and very helpful. But, there's quite a few features that people have mentioned that would be very useful and have yet to be included.

When i'm working my hands on my practice pad I often do an excercise for a few minutes and gradually push the tempo up. A feature I'd like to see is to be able to set a starting tempo, and a target tempo, and a time frame in which to get from one to the other, and by what bpm increments you would like it to speed up by over this time. so for example, you could say I'd like to start at 80 bpm and then speed up to 160 bpm in the space of 4 minutes in 4 bpm increments, or that you'd like the tempo to increase by 4 bpm say every 30 seconds.

I think this would be a really neat thing to have in a metronome and could by programed quite easily, as the maths isn't that hard really.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 28, 2005 03:35 PM: Message edited by: elpatricio ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by elpatricio:
    When i'm working my hands on my practice pad I often do an excercise for a few minutes and gradually push the tempo up. A feature I'd like to see is to be able to set a starting tempo, and a target tempo, and a time frame in which to get from one to the other, and by what bpm increments you would like it to speed up by over this time. so for example, you could say I'd like to start at 80 bpm and then speed up to 160 bpm in the space of 4 minutes in 4 bpm increments, or that you'd like the tempo to increase by 4 bpm say every 30 seconds. <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ December 28, 2005 03:35 PM: Message edited by: elpatricio ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or a foot switch to do that will be cool too