Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dude hey, what about the solo on the second to last tune off of ?Double Feature? Special EFX. Man Dave just kills it. The percussionist added just enough stuff on that tune to make Dave sound perfect.

Dave also played some nice solos on Andy Laverne ?Pleasure Seekers?. That gig Dave did when he first moved out to LA for good. Also Andy Laverne and Chuck Loeb did a CD and Dave was on it. The drums sound like crap but the playing is great. Early Dave at his best. I could go on an on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mkabal, didn't you see Weck with Eyewitness at the MD fest in the 80's? I wonder if there's recordings of that show.

There IS a boot floating around (audio) of Weck with Steve Kahn and Anthony Jackson [img]eek.gif[/img] . There's a 6/8 tune that really opened my ears to playing 3/4 against 6/8 (as opposed to 4/4 which is what I was naturally feeling against the 6). Amazing how one tune can open huge doors to rhythmic ideas that you can apply to almost any tune.

I find that feeling mulitple times (or feels) at the same time is an abilty that I value. If I do another video I'm going to talk about that I think. Knowing where the real quarter note is while switching feels can result in some cool musical moments amongst musicians that can do that kind of thing without getting lost. Funny, just as I thought I was getting good at it the guitar player in Altered (Jeff Miley) will play a line in a solo that I latch on to, then I'm looking for one again. Ugh. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Oh well, all part of the musical journey. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas everyone (from my sisters computer while she puts gifts under the tree for my two nieces). Thank God she got high speed internet this year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have a good holiday steve!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234