Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No Cliff got the gig years after that. Zach was doing it when Weckl was unavailable. I don't think he's on any recordings. It's Zach that played with Camilo at that young age. Clff was in his 20s. Cliff's 36 or 37 right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, maybe that Zack did it too, but I rememnber to have seen Cliff Almond looking like a teenager playing with Camilo.
    I remember that it was Michael Bowie on acoustic bass.
    They were touring for supporting the album named "On Fire".

Cliff was wearing some glasses at this time...

All right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There were a few old Camilo records with Joel Rosenblatt as well - i think he was introduced to the scene through Camilo's stuff, long before he joined Spyro.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LDGuy:
    There were a few old Camilo records with Joel Rosenblatt as well - i think he was introduced to the scene through Camilo's stuff, long before he joined Spyro.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi LDGuy,

Him too had the gig with Camilo by Weckl's recommandations.

Peace.

cjbdrm

I have a video of Zach playing with Michel Camilo at the Bern, Switzerland Jazz Festival in 1989. Michael Bowie on bass. It's definitely Zach. The band is introduced in the beginning, he gets introduced as "Zachary Danziger".

He looks a little closer to 18 or 19 there. His facility and chops were spot on. I don't know how long he was with Michel, you definitely get the feeling from watching it that Michel was a strict bandleader. My guess is Zach got tired of dealing with him and moved on- darn teenagers!

But, yeah, Cliff Almond is another great, great player- love his playing with Michel too.

I think he's busy making a boatload of money working with Japanese pop artists. I talked to him about a year ago.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw Zach play with Wayne Krantz at 55 Bar in the summer of '95. He told me that night he was actually subbing back on Krantz's gig because he actually stopped doing it and Rocky Bryant was playing during that time. I'm glad the night I was in NY Zach was playing - you could really see/hear the chemistry between him and Krantz (and Lefebvre)! I agree that he seems to come from a deeper place facility and concept wise regarding that gig. He also told me that he was just about to go out on a European tour with Michel Camilo at that time. Also, that night Horacio Hernandez was watching the gig - seems to be just before he started playing with Camilo.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zach with Krantz back in 93?

ed2k://|file|Wayne.Krantz.Zach.Danziger.Lincoln.Goines.-.Leverkusen.1993.avi|808069120|CC80BDF08BC74C1B55B 2998FA78C4B48|/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234