Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, i just discovered this guy Wayne Krantz, this wicked guitarist, and on his website there's a few tracks on his radio, one of which has this crazy drummer on, Zach Danzinger...

http://www.waynekrantz.com/index_new.html - on the WK skip forward to Whippersnapper

Apperently this drummer is still in his 20s and relitively unheard of, but he's on DW, so he must be pretty big. Whatdyou guys think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi LD Guy,

Zach is great and he plays amazing in this Wayne's track !!!
    I don't know his age but he must have now around 35 years old, maybe more...

I like also how he plays on the Leni Stern's album "Closer To The Ligh", really some nice music there.

If you saw the great movie "Ocean 11", I think that the music has been written by Zach, and the movie "Meet Joe Black" too.

All right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Krantz live album, "2 Drink Minimum" is just awesome. Zach plays his arse off, plus Krantz is one of my favorite guitarist. His phrasing is very sophisticated and complex. He and Vinnie would be something to see/hear [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's amazing that you're just discovering Zach now. He has been on the scene for over 20years. He began playing with Michel Camilo at 17. He's not in his 20s. He's also a big Yamaha endorser.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 18, 2005 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Groovesmitty ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's never too late for discovering musicians, and don't forget too that LDGuy is VERY young.
    But I found him very mature in his talk.

Peace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, from what i read on DW it said he was pretty young. Must have been written a bit ago. Lol.

I guess you shouldn't really believe everything you read on that site.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

check out his playin with Chuck Loeb and Lenie Stern (dunno if thats how to spell her name)
    enjoy and prepare to be amazed!
    www.ntbcreative/com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Danziger is perhaps the most refreshing drummer I've heard in ages. I've known about him on the Krantz record for a few years now.

I find WK's playing also refreshing, from a drummer's perspective. His use of time, phrasing,etc, really makes the drummer work. WK has alos worked with Keith Carlock on the album "greenwich mean", which showcases Keith's use of what some call an "open tuned" bass drum. Basically, he doesn't muffle the BD.

Oddly enough, I prefer Danziger over Carlock w/WK. Danziger seems to play more "linear-like", which appeals to me.

However, I've got a Krantz bootleg from the 90s in which he plays with Rocky Bryant, who plays in a similar fashion as Danziger.

I'm wondering who is the originator of those awesome beats on tracks like "Whippersnapper", is it Danziger or Rocky Bryant?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LDGuy:
    Oh, from what i read on DW it said he was pretty young. Must have been written a bit ago. Lol.

I guess you shouldn't really believe everything you read on that site.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that he was pretty young when the Wayne Krantz's album has been recorded.

Peace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zach also played some killer tracks with Chuck Loeb "Balance" and a Nelson Rangell album "Yes Then Yes".
    B0000001TJ01THUMBZZZ
    There's actually a live Balance CD that has Star Stream(a Loeb tune) on it from the Rangell album(killer drum solo ride out)- an awesome 6/8 Zach D----I do not know if Zach is on the live album.

Day After Yesterday is THE tune from the Balance CD.(killer drum solo over vamp) It was released on the Flim and the BB's label---name escapes me.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2005 02:09 AM: Message edited by: FlamTriplet ]</font>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast