Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rudy_Ment:
    Don't know if you heard this mp3, but it's him playing live at the baked potato with Dapp Theory, and an awesome solo at the end. I think it was Kurt that orginally posted this. Enjoy!

http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM's%20Stuff/Sean%20Rickman.mp3
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow [img]eek.gif[/img]

Do you have the full show ? maybe seed it on Dime [img]tongue.gif[/img]

This is the thread we talked about Rick few months ago, the man himself was talking on page 3 [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey!!! I have seen this video clip before... a while back, Rodge maybe you showed it to me? Great drummer, relaxed, fluid and nice groove + phrasing... talented cat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sean is so bad it's ridiculous. A great find for me thanks to the HOD members.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of my favorites--somebody here was asking about drummers pushing the envelope in the modern era, and I see him doing this, though perhaps a little reluctantly. He's not doing it so much from a chops perspective, but from the integration of chops and feel. He's got flash but is always clear he's making music first and foremost. I hear that in his solo--not really "latin" start per se, but a solo that integrates the original groove and melodic line, then ornaments it with some incredible licks.

From what he talks about he would rather be identified for his overall musical talent (or even as a guitarist) rather than a "drummer." Maybe this is the difference to my ears?

His feel and ears are my favorite among the precision players right now. I'm really envious of you getting to see him play tonight, sipandbite!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 27, 2005 09:04 PM: Message edited by: spaceotter ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]eek.gif[/img] Oh my God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Thanks Rudy, AWESOME drum solo, i mean AWESOME drum solo !!!

Man, [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 27, 2005 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Rodge ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It looks like Rickman just overhauled his site and has some fresh content, including some sound files and some pictures of him with Vinnie, Herbie, Dave W. and others.

http://www.seanrickman.com

I was a little disappointed with the Me'Shell live track he has posted--I've heard this incarnation of her band shred--though it sounds like a reduced cadre of her usual performers, maybe just guitar, bass and drums, not even backup vocals. Actually have a raw videotape boot a friend of mine found at a Bay Area garage sale of one concert on this tour where he, Me'Shell and band are killing it, launching into these massive jams on most of her songs. Quite inspiring, though sadly Sean never makes it on camera.

The Steve Coleman live track is pretty smokin'. Check the solo at the end.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings all.

I used to have the name 'O Baterista' here, but I changed e-mails, and it was easier to change names (The name is a stupid joke- most of you should get it).

I'm the one who posted that Sean Rickman audio clip way back. A subscriber here called Kurt got credit because I'm semi-literate on computers and e-mailed it to him to post. He was nice for that and I thank him. The clip wasn't from the Baked Potato. It was from a great no-longer-existent L.A. jazz club called 'Rocco', named after its owner. Yes, not only do I have the whole show, but I have the last 3 entire shows performed after 4 straight weeks at this club. I say this reluctantly because I won't post them without permission from Andy Milne. They were tentatively made with the hopes of doing a live CD. I only put up that one track to get some attention to the band, who I think are the most underrated thing around.

Don't mean to tease, but wanted the correct info out there. If I get the right permission, I'll gladly share what I have.

Peace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by spaceotter:
    Actually have a raw videotape boot a friend of mine found at a Bay Area garage sale of one concert on this tour where he, Me'Shell and band are killing it, launching into these massive jams on most of her songs. Quite inspiring, though sadly Sean never makes it on camera.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Could you share it on Dime ? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 867-5309:
    Greetings all.

I used to have the name 'O Baterista' here, but I changed e-mails, and it was easier to change names (The name is a stupid joke- most of you should get it).

I'm the one who posted that Sean Rickman audio clip way back. A subscriber here called Kurt got credit because I'm semi-literate on computers and e-mailed it to him to post. He was nice for that and I thank him. The clip wasn't from the Baked Potato. It was from a great no-longer-existent L.A. jazz club called 'Rocco', named after its owner. Yes, not only do I have the whole show, but I have the last 3 entire shows performed after 4 straight weeks at this club. I say this reluctantly because I won't post them without permission from Andy Milne. They were tentatively made with the hopes of doing a live CD. I only put up that one track to get some attention to the band, who I think are the most underrated thing around.

Don't mean to tease, but wanted the correct info out there. If I get the right permission, I'll gladly share what I have.

Peace.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Baterista, yep, of course I remember you, it was you that recorded the mp3. Thanks for sending that clip to Kurt and thanks for correcting me on the baked potato/rocco clubs. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] You did mention it in the original thread, so I dunno why I thought baked potato. What would I know about L.A anyway, I'm from england, heh. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ( Original thread : http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c&f=609&t=3824 )

Try and coax Sean to come back and post again if you see him. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah chris 'daddy' dave is incredible too! He is kicking serious ass with meshell at the moment. Some of the groove's he comes up with are so original feel so right with the music. I have a great bootleg of a a spirit music sextet gig that with chris on it, i'll post it soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast