Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by spaceotter:
    Been working on some of his stuff from Dapp Theory's "Y'all Just Don't Know" lately--very complex. His understanding of odd times and phrasing is quite advanced. Specifically I've been working on transcribing and learning "Neoparadiegma" which I would love share but need to find good charting software.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After tested a Lot of notation software to me it's Overture the best and more easy for drum, you can download trial verson here http://www.geniesoft.biz/products/overture/overture.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most of the stuff with cowbell in it is Gene Lake. Smitty played on "Black Science". Check out Gene's solo on "Tao of Mad Phat".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oups.
    yes. the cowbells were played by Marvin Smitty Smith. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    sean rickman ist only on the following records.

1 - Genesis, only track four and six - together ? - with Gene Lake

2 - The opening of the way

3 - Sonic language of Myth, [except the track The Gate]

4 - the Ascension to light

5 - Alternate Dimensions Series I, Track 2, 3, 6

But now, I know Gene Lake [img]eek.gif[/img]

cjbdrm

I got together with "the Rick" this past weekend. We read through a couple of tunes, one from his DVD (Road or the Avenue) and one Dapp Theory tune- I forget the name. Odd time stuff- very complex. Somehow I got through them. I played the drum part and he played bass- it was very cool.

The stickings and patterns on the "Road or the Avenue" tune felt very natural to me- groupings of 2's, 3's and 5's with some flat-flammed swiss triplets a la Garibaldi thrown in. (I've got the chart if you want it Steve- not that you need it!)The Dapp Theory tune's drum part was composed by Andy Milne, so it was "out there"...

His grasp of odd time playing and soloing over it is mind-blowing. Also, he said he did the music for the DVD all in one day. [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345