Thread: Weckl, Rosenblatt and more at NAMM!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys...I produce e-newsletters and do marketing for Dave Weckl, Joel Rosenblatt, Steve Weingart and others.

Here are some shows happening at NAMM!

Dave Weckl's band will be playing at Sabian night on Friday, January 20th. Dave will also perform as part of Yamaha drummer's night on Satuday.

Joel Rosenblatt will be Joel will be playing with smokin' guitarist Joel Hoekstra at Tone Merchants (Orange, CA) on January 22, and The Baked Potato (Studio City, CA) on the 23rd with Ric Fierabracci on bass and Walter Fischbacher on keyboards. Joel is killin' right now - you've gotta hear him outside of Spyro Gyra. Amazing.

Joel will be at The Baked Potato on the 24th with Vinny Valentino, Russel Ferrante (Yellowjackets keyboardist), and Ric Fierabracci.

Steve Weingart will, of course, perform with the Dave Weckl Band on Friday, but will also play with El Grupo (Steve Lukather, Joey Heredia and Oscar Cartaya) on Sunday and Monday. This band is smokin'.

These will all be killer shows, and I'll be there taking pictures etc. backstage and during the shows for the respective newsletters etc. that I produce for these guys.

Check out the newsletters on the sites, below, and sign up for e-mail alerts there so that when the newsletter is published, you'll know!

Dave's official newsletter is hosted at www.davewecklnews.com .

Joel's is on his site: www.joel-rosenblatt.com .

Steve's is being produced right now.

Hope to see you in Anaheim!

- Steve O.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Yea Steve, I would think all of music's great drummers will be there. They are all smoking.
    I hope this board doesn't become an ad forum for gigs.

It's not that I don't appreciate the info, it's more about the approach sounding like PR ad for the people you represent. Takes all the hipness out of this place. People that are interested in this info already know it by being a part of these mailing lists.

In any case, thanks for the ad. I knew about it already.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2006 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Paraflam ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey thanks for taking the time to let us know. I'll make a news post of this stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not that I don't appreciate the info, it's more about the approach sounding like PR ad for the people you represent. Takes all the hipness out of this place. People that are interested in this info already know it by being a part of these mailing lists.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i'm just grateful for that info, fortseven2. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Fortsteven.
    You have made a record: with only 3 posts, you already have 1 star in your rating. Some people run (click) fast here.

I live in Spain and I won?t go for sure, but I also appreciate the info.

Thanks from here.
    Bye

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 10, 2006 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Juan Exp?sito ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's still a PR ploy if you ask me. First of all, Steven works for the musicians he's promoting. Second, if any of the New Yorkers advertised the latest famous drummer gigs on here, there would be several posts everyday. I thought this was a forum and discussion of drums and drummers, not a bulletin board for gigs.
    I'm not being negative, just truthful.

If it's okay with you guys I think I'll begin posting advertisements for everytime Joel, Carlock, Holmes, Townsley, Pelton, Hass, Jordan, Almond, Jojo, Tain, Fig, Hakim, Parker, Jackson, Hoenig, play in NYC.

For real though, if no one else see's this obvious promotion, I apologize for complaining about it. I guess you guys aren't on these drummers' mailing lists.
    The news sticky is a great idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Paraflam:
    I thought this was a forum and discussion of drums and drummers, not a bulletin board for gigs.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Without having distinct and separate topics, it's difficult if not impossible to categorize topics, so I would excuse this apparent promotional post on that alone.

I would actually prefer it if this forum had different topics to choose from, such as cymbalholic.com.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

LOL Para. Point taken. The approach was rather obvious. It reads exactly like an advertisement, using all adjectives to describe how amazing these musicians and gigs will be.

At least when others post their gig news, they themselves are members, and do not proceed to talk about how amazing they are. I found that a bit much. I can understand your gripe Para. I believe this does not happen very often here, so I would not be alarmed about this. Just leave it alone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Paraflam:
    Yea Steve, I would think all of music's great drummers will be there. They are all smoking.
    I hope this board doesn't become an ad forum for gigs.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 09, 2006 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Paraflam ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahem, well, i guess there are few people that didn't know about this, and appreciate the info. Dude, how the hell can you call this board an "ad forum for gigs"?? Way to be pessimistic about the whole thing. *sigh*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well it could be a pr ploy, but its benefiting both parts. We are interested in those musicians playing, although we already know they are amazing, and they benefit from us knowing.

I see aggresiveness to a certain extent a good thing, at least to the extent where it doesnt start to hurt you. Up to you to judge when that is

but yeah as smitty said, even if it is a self promotion, it doesn't happen all the time..its cool anyway

im sure everyone who will be attending or will be in l.a will appreciate the info, thanks

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2006 01:49 AM: Message edited by: S.P ]</font>