Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend a good moving company to me? I am moving from Los Angeles to Toronto and need to move about 300 to 400 cubic feet of stuff (drums, bed, boxes, etc).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ever check out these guys? seems like a cool concept. never had first hand experience, though.

http://www.pods.com/

good luck! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've moved from CA to Minneapolis and back and used United Van Lines. They were GREAT. Big thumbs up for them. I even suggested them to my parents, who are moving from No Cal to LA next month.

Danny

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just found an amazing web site: http://www.movingscam.com/

It listed the company that I was going to use (Infinity Moving) in their forum, saying basically DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, and that numerous people had been screwed over. Thank God I found this site! A great resource - pass it on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey DSOP--moving this conversation back to the appropriate thread...

Geez--didn't see that you'd already discovered the web resource I'd recommended in the other thread. As you've probably read there, the big issue with ABF is making sure that your stuff is packed/protected appropriately because they take next to NO responsibility for it even if you get the additional insurance. I believe they insure it per pound only, which for most of us wouldn't cover shit if things got destroyed. So the burden of making sure it is securely in the trailer is squarely on you. Think blankets (can be rented separately&cheaply at U-Haul), bubble wrap, paper, plywood and shrink wrap.

Though I would recommend ABF highly, I wouldn't use them for anything priceless. I made sure I didn't send anything with them that would make me homicidal to lose, including my birdseye maple Gretsch kit, snares, Ks, computer, financial records or keepsakes. Those all got crammed into my car.

Make sure you check out the moving tips on movingscams.com--lots of good info there. Using these and coming up with some solutions on our own, we had only one small casualty in the load and that was because we didn't pack it well enough. ABF was great. I would be glad to share our experience and/or tips if that would be helpful, as we literally JUST used them for a move from No. Cal. to Seattle.

Peace and good luck.
    O