Thread: meters: "cissy strut" transcription ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hey guys -- i was wondering if anyone has this transcription handy. it's the original with "Zigaboo" Modeliste grooving his ass off & probably inspiring Garibaldi at the time. i am pretty sure this was transcribed in MD years ago...i may start the 3 hour search, but i was hoping someone may have this close by (before i dig or transcribe it myself).

thx,
    Geoff

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Go to Zigaboo.com

Dennis Chambers breaks this tune down on his video, In The Pocket. If you want to trade videos, let me know. I want to dump this Chamber's video. He also goes over many classic funk tunes with bass player and play with John Sco's band as well, playing ridiculous fills and cross over single strokes around the kit at blazing speed. Good video if you like Dennis.
    If we trade videos, I'll even throw in a classic LIVE METERS CD for ya w/Zig grooving his booty off. He plays some killer funk grooves and his live drum sound is sweet as well.

Also, on Conan last night, the band dipped into a nice little version of Oakland Stroke with vocals. The drummer (cat replacing Max) did a good job of improvising on a very difficult original drum part. I thought he did a fine job of playing time to the tune w/o the stress of nailing David's original beat (good luck with that!)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 20, 2003 04:35 PM: Message edited by: PocketPlayer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

ugh...i probably have the same video..."serious moves", right ? i have acuna & erskine on one tape, might be good for a trade. thanks for the http://www.zigaboo.com/ link.

i got the basic BD part after shedding it a while ago, just cleaning up the hands right now...but i would still like to see the whole thing.

Geoff

Junior Hostboard Member bojo2112jon's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: meters: "cissy strut" transcription ?

Good day! I had several interviews that needed transcribing and this professional transcription service had them transcribed clearly and accurately in less than three days. I have used Typing Service before, and I will use them again and again. It is one of the best transcription services I have ever used. I advice them to all people!