Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I've been a regular reader of all the stuff about Vinnie that I can get my hands or eyes on...this site & its message board is THE BEST. It suddenly struck me, listening to a Sting live Cd, that, for sheer volume of Vinnie live performances, you can't beat the 100's of Sting bootlegs about. Yeah, I know a lot of the material is straight-ahead pop, and hasn't the complexity of the fusion/jazz stuff we all know and love.....BUT....
    when you listen to some of the ways Vinnie finds to put a new spin on old songs,and just listening to him groove like only he can..it actually makes me smile out loud!
    I'm currently listening to the Complete Chicago Sessions from 91/93, featuring songs from Soul Cages & 10 Summoner's Tales..the band is so stripped down...real acoustic stuff..and Vin's drums are well up in the mix, sounding ace! His "Unplugged Rehearsals" is another gem...astounding!One track worthy of particular mention is a live cut from 1993 of "It's Probably Me", where the stuff Vinnie's doing with his hi-hat should not be allowed!Check 'em out - you won't be disappointed.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Chicago Sessions is great. I listen to it all of the time, as well as the Demolition Man EP. Where did you get the 'rehearsals' from? I'd love to hear it.

Clint

------------------