Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

last night went and saw the Eddie Prevost Trio (Prevost - drums, Tom Chant - winds, John Edwards - bass) and while ive been a huge fan of Prevosts for a ever increasing number of years id never seen him live. have now. and i have to say, ive known him for years as quite possibly the single most creative percussionist out there. to hear him apply that creativity in a slightly (very slightly) more trad role than with AMM was astounding. Edwards and Chant were no slackers either.

i HIGHLY recommend seeing this little ensemble if you can (they seem to be on tour) being a first hand witness to any musician can be an education, but for someone who does things so far beyond the typical role of drummer, its even more so. you may not dig the music, but youll come away with a appreciation of whats possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Mark, Great to see you here.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

is there a url for Eddie Prevost Trio to see if they will be in Cincy..??

I will check them out!

drwalker

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was looking through his bio and projects list on allmusic. I've never heard him, but seems like maybe a more avant garde Brian Blade? AMM looks like something I have to check into.

Leave it to Mark/563 to expand my musical horizons yet again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

few things:

1 - matchless recordings is prevosts label but i havent been able to get on their site.

2 - i was mistaken about a tour (sorry) it would seem they were in vancouver for the jazz fest and stopped in seattle as a side trip.

3 - more avant garde brian blade? definitely. he's very much of the european free improv tastes. think han bennink and tony oxley. dont take allmusicguides mention of his influences (roach and blackwell) as what to expect of him. and dont go to AMM expecting "jazz" proper [img]smile.gif[/img]