Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about DH nowadays?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Twizzle:
    [QB]Do you still feel the same way about him as you did say, 2 years ago? Is he/his music less important to you now or even more so? Do you prefer his sound now to that of when he was 1 half of SG or do you not really give a rat's arse about him/his music now?

Hmmm. I am still interested in what he is up to in terms of where he is playing, recording etc, I do find some photographs of him attractive, but some not. His music: its weird, I played Spin for the first time for ages and really enjoyed it - (apart from Crush)- this was prompted by hearing Insatiable on the radio - I do still love that song. If I am feeling thoughtful I do find his CD's are the ones I put on to help me think. I play all of them at least twice a week, mainly when on the pc working or browsing the net. Around the house though I play other stuff - Keane, Marron 5, Il Divo ( [img]redface.gif[/img] ). Delta Goodrum's is the one I seem to play mostly in the car. Green Day helps me do the house work. Sorry Terry went a bit off track. I don't really like reading all those interviews where he repeats his family history, and as an aside was wondering why he calls himself 'Uncle Darren'? maybe someone can fill me in. So I suppose I do feel somewhat the same, it's just less intense.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Indifferent

Affirmation is still my fave album by far and although it deals with big issues it doesn't drag me down like TTATS. Darkness is still my fave song and the one I would play the most. I also guess over the past two years the business that is DH has disillusioned me greatly and the fact he seems to be the master of contradiction. That said though if he actually tours here I would most likely go see him because he is brilliant live and I think it's the closest you'll ever see the real man behind the mask.

I mainly try and listen to music that makes me feel good these days and despite the content of Delta's album it doesn't bring me down (I hope that makes sense), Spin falls into that category too, I just like to listen now, sing along and not feel too much, of course that may change at any time [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To quote Barb, I am also indifferent. I am indifferent in terms of what he is doing next, etc., but I am not denying how much he meant to me in the past. I enjoyed the Dark Light show very much, but it occurred to me that this was because of his inclusion of Savage Garden songs. I choose to look back on that part of my life fondly, and a little wistfully. Not just because I preferred the music back then, but because it reflects a time when I was, for the most part, carefree and happy. I was in high school and I used to complain about petty things, but now I realize that I was better off then, in a lot of ways. I listen to Savage Garden rather rarely nowadays, but when I do it's with a sense of melancholy. Even listening to Spin, to some extent, reminds me of a year when I was pretty happy in general.

So in that way, the music will always be special to me. It would be easy for me to say I've done with him and I've waved goodbye to that chapter of my life, but I like the memories. Now, if I hear an old SG song somewhere unexpected, I still get that little thrill... not a fangirly squeal of excitement, like I used to... but it makes me smile to myself. Like a secret between me and Darren and Daniel. ^_^ Because when that happens in public and I'm alone in a crowd, no one else knows that little musical intimacy except me. ^^ Par example - I was walking into the filmworks a while back and heard a familiar guitar riff - it was To The Moon And Back, and I couldn't help but feel my mouth curl up and smile. There's still some magic there, magic that I don't think will ever go away.

I don't feel that magic with the new stuff. It's pretty well known that I was always very into the SG Darren - hair colour aside [img]tongue.gif[/img] he was a person I looked to in those years, for comfort and wisdom, I guess. I've had crushes on lots of people, something which never seems to change about me, but Darren and Daniel were more like idols. I suppose they still are. They're frozen like that in my mind, as Savage Garden, in a kind of time capsule.

I still care very much for Darren [if that's even possible] but it's a very deep down thing that I like to keep hidden. I still look up if I hear his name mentioned - I suppose it's now a natural reflex. *g* But I fail to grasp the magic, or the excitement, anymore. I don't own TTATS [OK, it is quite obvious that I do, but Mum gave me the money for it, I went out and got it, and she's the only one who listens to it]. I don't know the lyrics. I forget the names of the songs when she plays them, and I don't like a lot of them.

I think there's always going to be a tiny space for Darren in my heart, because of what SG did for me. But I'm a different person now, and I know I've changed, for both better and worse. I'm not involved anymore. I check in now and again, to see how he's doing, almost, and it feels a bit like visiting an old, estranged friend. Almost like he was a friend in high school, who I've lost touch with, but I can still remember the fun times we had.

I don't know. Maybe one day the magic will thwack me on the head and we'll be reunited again, who knows? Maybe I'll randomly hear a new song, in a shop somewhere, and recognize that voice... and it'll be like a homecoming. Perhaps it's sad to liken it to a personal relationship, but I feel like if it was, this would be a amicable split, almost. Where you can make peace with the fact that it's probably over.

^ I could have just said, "I could care less," about his current status in the music industry/single releases/whatnot, because it is just something I'm not interested in anymore [I don't have a clue about the music charts at the moment anyway]. But yeah... I do feel a lingering respect for him, and what he was. He was there when I needed him, and that counts for a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

xxSam

P.S. I don't find him attractive anymore. I mean, don't get me wrong, he IS attractive - but I really do not fancy him anymore. Something everyone refuses to believe, but really. *lol*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Do you still feel the same way about him as you did say, 2 years ago? Is he/his music less important to you now or even more so? Do you prefer his sound now to that of when he was 1 half of SG or do you not really give a rat's arse about him/his music now?

*is genuinely interested and would like truthful answers without any flaming/bashing if you don't like other ppl's replies* [img]smile.gif[/img]

Me, I'm gonna have to be brutally honest here and go with the 'I don't give a rat's arse' answer. Sorry.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, all!

How do I feel about Darren today? Interesting that you should bring that up because I was just thinking about it. lol Seriously. I was reading the bbs a couple days ago and realized that I felt nothing. But that's also not really what I feel..... I mean, hell, everyone who knows me here also knows that I don't feel "nothing" when it comes to Mr Hayes.

But it's sort of like an old friend with whom I've had a falling out. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not so good. But mostly, I hope they're doing well and I'll always be vaugely interested in what's happening with them.

Btw, before anyone thinks that I'm a total freak, that's just how I tend to think of music. There was an old John Denver song .......... this was years and years ago before he became hugely popular and then hugely unpopular ........ where he talked about music and his songs as old friends. And that just sort of stuck with me. So in a way, the music that becomes part of my life (as opposed to the stuff that comes and goes on the radio without my noticing) are sort of my old buddies......... yeah, okay. That sounds weird even to me. LOL The point is that Darren and his music are like an old friend that I had a falling out with. Sometimes, I fondly remember the friendship. From time to time I miss it and wonder how they are. But then a new friend will call or another old friend will show up on my doorstep.

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ January 22, 2005 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Dyan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Comes back to add that both Sam and Dyan have summed up beautifully what I really feel about him. It's not that "I don't give a rat's arse" - in the cruel light of day, that really was harsh of me to say that. It's more complicated than that and both of you have pretty much voiced my own thoughts and opinions. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

btw - I love all of your replies - what a great bunch of ppl you all are! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"But I fail to grasp the magic, or the excitement, anymore"

Sam you put that so well!

DarrensPassion

I think you all know how I feel about DH so I won't bore you lot senseless with my rambles [img]wink.gif[/img]

I know how I feel about him and that's all that matters to me, although I completely respect everyone else's views in this thread [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm his new music delights me and i've enjoyed the videos he's made so far but other than that, not much change. He still has the ability to charm me and i enjoy listening to him talk but since the split of SG i've pretty much stopped actively seeking out media sightings *chuckle*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pretty much the same as when I first arrived. I still love his music and I still play all of it often.

He's more distant now because he really never says much of anything to the fans...even when he does a message he doesn't usually say much. He was more interesting when he "talked". But it really doesn't affect how I feel about things...still adore his music.

The DH fan communities aren't as much fun as they use to be. I use to laugh all the time when I read them.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast