Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL whoops, I wound up the whole argument again didn't I. Whoops [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was only saying it IS appropriate that discussions of illegal downloads be removed, I have no problems with that.

But as for Laurie's comment about Schooly - yeah, I'm honestly amazed that the guy is still giving Darren the time of day. That was my most embarressing moment being a part of the FC, and the beginning of the end for my involvement in that way with the fan base.

Darren's to nice to "us".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    And <font color="red">here</font> they are, poised and ready to swoop on any unsuspecting fan, newbie or otherwise, who dares to ask such impertinent questions such as a) Can someone send me a link to a song?, b) Is he gay? or c) Didn't he used to be in SG? rolling

Ahhh, such community spirit is indeed hard to find! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So ......... um .......... is he?

*grins evily and adds* And where do I find that link? OH and, where can I find out more about Savage Garden? But mainly, is he?

hehe

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Dyan:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:
    And <font color="red">here</font> they are, poised and ready to swoop on any unsuspecting fan, newbie or otherwise, who dares to ask such impertinent questions such as a) Can someone send me a link to a song?, b) Is he gay? or c) Didn't he used to be in SG? rolling

Ahhh, such community spirit is indeed hard to find! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So ......... um .......... is he?

*grins evily and adds* And where do I find that link? OH and, where can I find out more about Savage Garden? But mainly, is he?

hehe
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO HES NOT GAY but even if he was we wouldnt care BUT HES NOT GAY!!!!! If DAZZA wants to like a man he can but HES NOT GAY!!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its okay Amanda I get what you were saying.. just having a bit of fun at a newbies expense asking for links lol.. of course they have to go its not the done thing on most boards.

Laurie I get what you are saying.. I dont know what thread you are talking about but I know theres always a couple of bunny boilers coming in under aliases to stir the pot and say what they say when we all know its one of the usual culprits of such things.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So Biscuit, have you rejoined? My own membership expired a few weeks ago and I didn't bother rejoining. There's no point, I don't want to purchase platinum tickets when the time comes. I can't believe bands sell platinum ticket packages, it should be like in the old days when the only way you got to meet your favourite singer backstage was to win a pass via a radio competition or get yer tits out, lol, not to pay for the privilege.

Can I just say, what really gets up my nose is when fan club members post on other Darren Hayes message boards that there is something new on the fan club fan site for members only. If you're a bloody member, the likelihood is that you will check the fan club site regularly if you're at all interested. That has always got my goat.

Wow, I?m not even premenstrual.

Edited to add my thoughts on troublesome folks on message boards - ignore them. They'll soon get bored when they realise no one is taking the bait.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 08:03 AM: Message edited by: xenomania ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by xenomania:
    Can I just say, what really gets up my nose is when fan club members post on other Darren Hayes message boards that there is something new on the fan club fan site for members only. If you're a bloody member, the likelihood is that you will check the fan club site regularly if you're at all interested. That has always got my goat.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That vexes me somewhat aswell but not as much as when they make a post saying that there's new news and then just put the link for DH.com. I mean, ffs, just copy and paste the bloody thing and don't make ppl have to navigate that fucking awful site! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I didn't renew. I have problems - in any consumer capacity - of paying for something, and getting nothing for my money.

Please don't give me that BS about "the community", "making sure you're there when things happen" etc. I've been here for 3 years, and nothing has happened, and the community has made me feel less than happy being associated with the extreme behaviour which gets all the negative attention. I'm not a "girly squeal agree brigade" person.

I'm not stopping being a Darren fan. I'm simply stopping an emotional manipulation roundabout. There's a better way to handle being a fan of an artist at my age.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 29, 2005 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Disco Biscuit ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LainyD:
    No Laurie you weren't even here. It was a one page kind of thread. The girl seems new to me but I'm not really involved with all the inner workings of that board. So she might be the one you've mentioned.

But then this raises the issue that the press or any DJ that comes on that board would never know the inner workings either and not fulling understand why this was happening. I think to protect Darren would be to act civil and kind to one another. I know people will disagree and not always like eachother but such is life anywhere you go.

I'm surprised if Schooly ever takes another DH fan serioulsy again. I will never condone anyone flying off the handle for an artist or a song.

Do you know Schooly's thoughts on the fanbase now?
    I could of missed that... as usual.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah ok Lain, thanks for explaining that. I still believe, very strongly, that when people respond to someone who shares that they are spamming a radio station/dj, that intentions are always coming from a good side. It's the protector in some of us; armed with the knowledge of what has happened in the past. And what might been seen as an attack by some, might have been gentle comments but because of who wrote them people made assumptions on the tone. That gets into a completely different discussion again doesn't it? But I think we've all faced being interpreted a certain way just because of what someone thinks of us.

Anyway... Schooly.. I suspect he has brushed all that aside. I'm guessing there are probably far more over-zealous fans than D's. In fact, I am sure of it lol. I just heard, the other day, the dj on a station here in Edmonton, complaining about the calls he is getting from Avril's fans, b*tch*ng him out for not playing her enough. So, we are not alone and I think dj's are used to it. It certainly seems that Schooly enjoys chatting with Darren and so I'm sure any previous actions/reactions from fans leave very little residual effect on him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by xenomania:
    [qb]Can I just say, what really gets up my nose is when fan club members post on other Darren Hayes message boards that there is something new on the fan club fan site for members only. If you're a bloody member, the likelihood is that you will check the fan club site regularly if you're at all interested. That has always got my goat.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]confused.gif[/img] Sorry everyone. I guess I post about it because I know some people don't read the fanclub board, but are members. For example, there are many members of the fanclub who are on the street team who rarely get a chance to check the site out, so because I do check it regularily I post that there is new stuff so they don't miss out on it. It isn't a "shove it in anyone's face" attitude. It is a "I don't want anyone to miss this info" attitude.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 30, 2005 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kattitude:

Laurie I get what you are saying.. I dont know what thread you are talking about but I know theres always a couple of bunny boilers coming in under aliases to stir the pot and say what they say when we all know its one of the usual culprits of such things.

Kat
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL @ bunny boilers. We have sure had our share of those in all the years of this fanbases existance. Although.. some think that I am a bunny boiler. Funny, I haven't purchased a rabbit as of late.

There is one thing that I have always loved about this fanbase (actually there are heaps of things I love about it, but this is one that always stands out in my mind); I love how people deal with "odd ones". On the whole, we tend to approach them humorously and tend to take them down a notch without them even realizing it, by injecting humour and fun into it all. We are rather good at that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12