Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much Kat for posting! I printed it out and waited for some quiet time alone to read it.....a most refreshing & insightful article and one that I hope achieves what it intended to (though I guess ppl will of course have varying views on that).

I'm all for starting the celebrations and I hope the something special I am feeling now (about the times ahead) will be reflected throughout the fanbase *fingers crossed*

Laurie [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love that quote Barb. Their success was just phenomenal and definately deserves to be celebrated. I think its a bit of shame that they dont get the kudos the deserve whenever Aussie music is talked about. But I guess thats because they went international and most Aussie bands are still here "trying" to achieve that kind of success.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All I know is that a band that started out giving so many ppl so much pleasure has ended up causing a massive and unneccessary hoo-ha about something that happened 5 years ago! Why the hell can't ppl just stop apportioning blame, let it go and get on with their miserable little lives? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

That's ^^ not aimed at anyone here btw. Just at the usual 'rabids'!

*edited to put the 'hoo' in 'hoo-ha'* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 11, 2005 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very well said, Janie. thumb

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Kat, that was an interesting read and great to see something written about the split without apportioning blame and spitefulness somewhere in it.

Laurie, sorry to hear you've been feeling shitty, keep your chin up hun. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Janie DP

This is what I posted on the public forum and I still stand by what I said.

This article was entitled a celebration and that's how I think we should regard the TMC album. It's time for closure on this particular chapter and it does make me a little sad to see people raking over past hurts and arguments because it will only tarnish some people's memories of something that was wonderful and lead to more divisions and hurts. We cannot change the past, we cannot know what exactly was in the hearts and minds of D&D. John Woodruff's article as I see it was as near to the truth as we will ever get and perhaps we ought to just leave it at that. D&D have both obviously moved on in their lives and are both happy. I think after 5 years of this, so should we be able to by now and just celebrate the magic that was SG and now what we have with Darren's solo work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janie DP:
    This is what I posted on the public forum and I still stand by what I said.

This article was entitled a celebration and that's how I think we should regard the TMC album. It's time for closure on this particular chapter and it does make me a little sad to see people raking over past hurts and arguments because it will only tarnish some people's memories of something that was wonderful and lead to more divisions and hurts. We cannot change the past, we cannot know what exactly was in the hearts and minds of D&D. John Woodruff's article as I see it was as near to the truth as we will ever get and perhaps we ought to just leave it at that. D&D have both obviously moved on in their lives and are both happy. I think after 5 years of this, so should we be able to by now and just celebrate the magic that was SG and now what we have with Darren's solo work.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Funnily enough, I hadn't read that post, but the one thing I saw it as too was a celebration of everything that was. With the greatest hits collection coming out, now was a good time for the myth to be laid to rest, and I think it's come about in the best way, from John Woodruff, who was not directly part of the split, and so can give it an impartial view.

I also think that Laurie was right about how bad the 'he did this, he said that' argument looks from the outside. I'm so glad I wasn't there at the time to be a part of that hurt, but it's so obvious that there is still great resentment lingering on both sides fan wise. It doesn't mean anyone is wrong, as the stories have most definitely conflicted time and again. But I think it would be great now if the focus was on the music, which has got to be the greatest testament to the extraordinary musical partnership that existed between two very talented men. I don't think there will ever be a time when I don't hear YCSBF and think it's a shame there's not more of that to come.

But unfortunately life doesn't always play fair, and I'm very grateful still for the day I discovered that music.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12