I still find it a bit unsettling to read how much dh regretted Spin and how unhappy he was during that time, as that was when I 'discovered' his music and I stand by my liking for Insatiable and most of Spin.
<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that feeling, just better to try to focus on the music because in many ways it really is seperate from Darren as he is day-to-day and i don't think his frustrations and problems at the time make songs with positive aspects to be less genuine. Think of it like art criticism, where you can choose to make the artist's life relevant to the work or you can choose to only evaluate the work itself, both are valid ways to view the art in question [img]wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Janie DP:
The DVD is both in parts funny but also quite poignant. I love the way the concert footage is interwoven with comments by Darren during the documentary. I found him to be extremely honest, but also very hard on himself. There are some extremely amusing episodes and what you see is a warts and all Darren, completely self deprecating.

I think that delaying its release until 2006 was in fact a very good move, because it allows the viewer a much clearer perspective on the past, on what was going through Darren's mind in hindsight. It's a very retrospective piece of film.
<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree completely, it was a great move and made for a better film in the end I think. It's easy to be more honest about something when you have a few years distance and perspective, where trends and other signs stand out to you more because you aren't immersed in them to the same degree anymore.

the backstage goofing around was a freakin' riot. The fake russian prank calls were priceless as was Darren's hairy conniption about the russian waitress and he had to tell ten people about it LOL I've done that XD