Originally posted by -mlue-:
*chuckles a bit*...seeing as the thread was locked I'll have to make my additional comments here in the uncensored world.

You gotta love the fact that Maggz & Ema got their comments in and then it gets locked. And interesting to note that both Spinner & Laurie were around when I made the post that led to Maggz & Ema's disagreement and they didn't lock it.

And while I understand that the originator probably is annoying, that is no excuse for the behavior that followed. And interestingly enough no moderator locked it for that but it gets locked when alternative opinions are stated. What a joke.

Gotta say...I will never respect a single comment that Darren ever makes re: censorship and I've lost respect for the comments he's made regarding expressing yourself. If he truly believed it, his board wouldn't be run the way it is. It really is appalling the way they let that board be moderated. It really is a horrible reflection on him.

Perhaps he didn't want to be anybody's hero but it sure is hard to tell that from the way his online fan world is run. Should he ever achieve the success I truly hope for him, I just have to hope they never show up in his online world. That place will drive away fans faster than he can gain them.

He's never going to be taken seriously in the music world with that fanbase behind him (and I know they aren't all looney but the looney ones are the ones that give the place its image). We all know that the media and dj's check out that stuff. He'll never get airplay with that kind of fanbase. Its sad because he is far more talented than many that make it on the radio.

And thats what I have to say about that....
<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mlue you always manage to state things so well. I dont think I could of expressed it better and I have made numerous attempts LOL.

You nailed it with how they moderate that board.. Because to me he is responsible for how he is represented online.. The type of moderation and contempt for others *some* of them show is condoned and endorsed by him. He cannot be seperate from it. The way the board is run is by people of HIS choosing who do things in a manner that he himself endorses. I just dont get it at all and thats why I think I never got him at all. All his song sentiments and such as I said to Terry in a PM have lost a lot of meaning to me because this is the way he represents himself thus he is actually like that?

Kat