0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here you are, straight from Darren's MySpace blog:

Sunday, April 01, 2007

New Music is coming
    Current mood: excited

Something official will appear somewhere eventually,
    but now that I'm finished the first round of club shows, let me be the first to give you a little news about the release of new music.

The first single is going to be 'On The Verge Of Something Wonderful' and will debut in July.

But prior to that, you're going to hear music in a few places.

The first piece of music from this record is already starting to circulate around clubs..
    Perhaps you've already heard it and didn't even know! Keep an ear out club kids.
    Later this month another new track, 'Who Would Have Thought?' will debut on MySpace and my website along with a specially commissioned animated short.

In May, we'll be doing an Itunes promotion with a free download of yet another album teaser track. And another animation.

And then as I said, in
    July, the first OFFICIAL single 'On The Verge of Something Wonderful' is released worldwide to be followed by the album 'This Delicate Thing We've Made' on August 23rd.

So it's all good.

xD
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And if you want to have a taste of what "Step Into The Light" sounds like, WayneG has uploaded a section of a remix he did at his MySpace here [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All I can say is that it was well worth the wait. I watched 'Who Would Have Thought' last night with a sense of speechlessness. I don't think I will ever again write the words 'it's the best thing he's ever done', because I think Darren's musical journey will continue, and he will continue to better himself along the way. This song had elements that were new, and the voice - the constant in all the music - lifted me to places I'd almost forgotten about in the last two years. A stunning return, with an animation that fitted beautifully and yet is noteworthy for its own gothic brilliance - it put me in mind of Linkin Park, though I can't put my finger on why. What a brilliant partnership it's turning out to be!

Janie DP

Smile

It's here http://www.darrenhayes.com/video_preview/video.html but you need QuickTime to view it.

OMG it's utterly exquisite and Darren's voice is just sublime on this. The music perfectly complements Darren's voice and vocals. It's the best piece of work he's done in ages if not ever IMO. Richard's animation adds another dimension to the song. My favourite bit is when the origami crane/swan becomes two. An amazing piece expressing the notion of setting the soul free to pursue it's own path through life. It's so emotive with all it's hidden metaphors and images. I love the way Darren puts all these deep and wonderful meanings into his work. It illustrates the idea of taking apart everything you ever thought you knew about love, life and relationships and reconstructing them into something beautiful yet delicate that needs protection from the storms we go through. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree Sharon, listening to Who Would Have Thought stirred feelings I haven't had since the very first time I heard Darren sing (To The Moon and Back).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm actually listening to it as I type and I'm really liking what I'm hearing. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Well done D!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great analysis Janie! ^_^ I also enjoy the paper swan/crane metaphor, how carefully one can work to shape yourself but it means nothing if you stay caged in the same place.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it reminds me a bit of Linkin Park too. More depth in the lyrics though, obviously! I immediately liked this song - it is definitely the equal of most of TTATS. 24 more songs like this, and the new album will be amazing. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Music is coming

hello guys ...

its really nice and informative post....

i just liked it....

thanks for your information guys ...........

:CAT:
    [url=http://www.bluelighthost.com]servers dedicated[/url]