Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone know what exactly happened or even if people are allowed to talk about it?

Janie DP

This is the statement that has been posted on the front page of DH.com:

Recent Allegation
    A Statement from Darren's solicitor

?Darren is unable to comment to any extent as the incident is presently under investigation by the police, with whom he has cooperated fully.
    However he is deeply upset at the allegation which he strenuously denies and anyone who knows Darren will recognise that the particular nature of the allegation is totally abhorrent to him and contrary to everything for which he has stood".

This was also posted on the forums:

We will be asking members to refrain from discussing the allegation due to the private and legal nature of the situation.

In the light of this, I would kindly ask people to refrain from commenting publicly about this here. Of course people are free to talk privately and I suggest if you want further information to do a Google news search.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ August 23, 2007 03:19 AM: Message edited by: Janie DP ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just hope that when the truth is revealed the media devote as much attention to it, but I doubt it [img]frown.gif[/img]

Honestly Darren being accused of racism was totally unfathomable to all of us! Getting stroppy with bad food and or service etc is not (done it recently myself).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW!!! I honestly would think it would be a remark taken out of context.I mean of all things Darren really is not a racist. The man fights for all minorities.

Maybe one of his diva like tantrums got misconstrued?? He may of been tired and the waiter served up the wrong food, so he snapped?

Honestly I don't think he is racist. I am sure this is hurting him.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to say, it was a really devastating day. When I logged onto the forum, I didn't know what the hell was going on at first then I clicked on the link to the article and I started shaking with anger and disbelief.. I can't begin to imagine what he must be feeling. I have a feeling you're right Barb, the media probably won't devote the same amount of time and attention when the truth is revealed [img]frown.gif[/img] and that's incredibly sad to think about.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]eek.gif[/img] Ooh err! It all goes on when I'm away. *wonders what the hell this is all about*

Off to 'google-land'.

ETA - Storm in a teacup. I honestly don't believe that any of these allegations are true. I know he can be a bit of a diva at times but the man's clearly not a racist. Far from it, I'd say.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ August 28, 2007 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't remember where it was suggested, but the other possibility is that it was a case of mistaken identity, that Darren fit a description given from the victim. That's the extent of my own speculation in terms of my comfort level, just thought it's good to think that there are other possibilities other than Darren having actually done or said anything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sunhawk:
    I can't remember where it was suggested, but the other possibility is that it was a case of mistaken identity, that Darren fit a description given from the victim. That's the extent of my own speculation in terms of my comfort level, just thought it's good to think that there are other possibilities other than Darren having actually done or said anything.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh there is always that thought. But in reality it was probably him at the restaurant and there was most likely a waiter. It reminds me of the fan at the hotel story back in the Savfan days. Where they thought one thing and he had to keep explaining how it really was.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What story was that Kat?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kat, are you refering to the fan who camped out in front of Darren's door?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast