Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Since we're posting piccies of our kids....(pic of AJ now added).

Twizzle

Believe me Barb, if I could have had some pethidine or an epidural I would have done! AJ was only 3hrs 45mins from start to finish and, as I was alrealy fully dilated when I got to the hospital, they wouldn't give me anything *grrrr* and William was only 58mins IN TOTAL!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Mind you, at least I barely broke into a sweat! [img]wink.gif[/img] lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kattitude:
    awww everyones got pretty kids!!!!

Laurie, how hard was it to adopt your kids?? Im just curious. I know here in Australia it would be vitually impossible to adopt. A waiting list that you would be on for years and then you would have to be a model married couple. So I was just wondering if the whole process is easier there in Canada? Or did you wait for years.

Thats great that you adopted though!

Kat
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Kat [img]smile.gif[/img]

In Canada, it is actually a rather simple, and not to slow, of a process. In fact, the stereotype of adopting children to only married couples doesn't exist here. The criteria is really based on whether the home is a stable one or not. I was single when I adopted my kids, but my story is a bit of an unusual one.

The children were removed from their home because of both sexual and physical abuse [img]frown.gif[/img] I am a Social Worker and was called because I had earlier offered my home as a place children could live when they had been taken out of their homes and were waiting for a permanent placement. My son was 3 at the time, my daughter was 9 months old and they asked of the children could be placed in my home while they went through the process of taking the kids away from their parents permanently in court and then looking for an adoptive family.

Well, the kids never left my house. lol By the time their parents were deemed unfit parents I had decided that the kids weren't going to leave my house and that I wanted to adopt them. And I did [img]smile.gif[/img]

DarrensPassion

Laurie, I'm so glad your children found a loving, caring and happy home with you [img]smile.gif[/img] That's a very happy ending to what could have been a very sad story for them. They're very lucky to have found such a wonderful mother and home with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    Laurie, I'm so glad your children found a loving, caring and happy home with you [img]smile.gif[/img] That's a very happy ending to what could have been a very sad story for them. They're very lucky to have found such a wonderful mother and home with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Janie [img]smile.gif[/img] I thank higher powers every day for bringing me those two. Even on the days I wish they hadn't. lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Laurie

Thats a really great story!!!! THose kids are very lucky!!!!!

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

awww everyones got pretty kids!!!!

Laurie, how hard was it to adopt your kids?? Im just curious. I know here in Australia it would be vitually impossible to adopt. A waiting list that you would be on for years and then you would have to be a model married couple. So I was just wondering if the whole process is easier there in Canada? Or did you wait for years.

Thats great that you adopted though!

Kat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123