Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, I do get a bit P****d off by the fan-baiting in this article. Quite often these articles make out that the fanbase as a whole are incapable of making a rational decision about Darren, that we don't have minds of our own. You only have to look at the amount of fanfic out there to know that a HUGE section of the fans are not surprised by this announcement, and fact relish it! Oops, should I have said that! How many percent of us were really surprised at the announcement? I wonder.

I do agree with everyone that the statement was beautifully made with the dignity and emotion that I have come to expect from Darren Hayes over the years. I do think it's quite funny that despite this news, the press are still tying themselves in knots with the whole gay debate! But it's true that any publicity is good publicity, especially at this time when Darren had nothing to gain commercially by making such an announcement - no single or album to promote. He waited until his engagements were over to announce his news with the dignity, integrity and honesty that first inspired me as a fan.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm just amused that no one media-wise seems able to entertain the fact that perhaps the real reason at the end of the day that Darren wouldn't fess up so to speak was a legal one rather than a personal decision. One week after he's free of Sony he makes this announcement? I know it's nowhere near conclusive in that regard but the timing is certainly interesting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I think Darren was brilliant...he broke it himself on his webpage and then let them all respond. Nobody got the scoop and he announced it to his most devoted in the least shocking way. His fans couldn't freak and go back and say the media twisted this or that."

I totally agree with that Mlue, a most beautiful & inspriationally worded announcement indeed. It was rather amusing watching the media all trying to get it on the news here asap. My initial feeling about the article was a case of sour grapes not being 'first' especially as it is a gay publication.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sharonlk:
    To be honest, I do get a bit P****d off by the fan-baiting in this article. Quite often these articles make out that the fanbase as a whole are incapable of making a rational decision about Darren, that we don't have minds of our own.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In one respect, there have been times when certain sections of the fanbase have given us ALL a bad name.

But on the flipside, it's a not so subtle dig at Darren himself ie: "If his fans are as pathetic as this, what does that say about his music/the man?"

LOL that was such a bitchy article. Talk about a tantrum at being told off.

"Oh yeah?! You wanna tell us off. Well...well...then...YOU SUCK! Yeah! You SUCK! So nyah!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sharonlk:
    To be honest, I do get a bit P****d off by the fan-baiting in this article. Quite often these articles make out that the fanbase as a whole are incapable of making a rational decision about Darren, that we don't have minds of our own.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess I think the article paints a pretty accurate picture of the vocal fans and the fan base that is represented on his message board (which is of course where they pick up a lot of thngs). I don't think it is necessarily an accurate reflection of his fan base as a whole but I don't think the rational minds are as vocal to the media or even on his boards. Just my take though on where they are coming from.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sunhawk:
    I'm just amused that no one media-wise seems able to entertain the fact that perhaps the real reason at the end of the day that Darren wouldn't fess up so to speak was a legal one rather than a personal decision. One week after he's free of Sony he makes this announcement? I know it's nowhere near conclusive in that regard but the timing is certainly interesting.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agree...the timing certainly raises the possibility in my mind that he kept silent for as long as he did because Sony wanted it that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12