Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Listening parties

Angelgirl

Originally posted by Laurina:
    You know what girls, there is always this kind of stuff going on in this fanbase. It was there from the beginning, and it is there now, just in different form. And this fanbase is not unique, it happens in so many others.

Sometimes too, things are so open to interpretation that what appears to have been said, really is not at all what has been said. Certainly there are times when what is stated, is precisely what is meant, but there are alot of grey areas too. Interpretation of written word is a really really tough thing.

I try really really hard to always post with the best of my heart and soul in place and to never hurt someone intentionally; but I still recieve PM's from people who have mis-interpreted my words and sometimes I am really surprised by that because I do think "how could they have got that from what I said?" but it is the uniqueness of us as human beings and that is okay.

In defense of Street Teams... I honestly have not seen anyone state that people are being filtered out of other activities because they joined the street team only to attend a Noon session. I actually think the exact opposite has happened (and I am basing this on my conversations with others) the more the merrier at these promo workshops because each person brings in new ideas and new perspectives and that is what those workshops are all about [img]smile.gif[/img] So again, it is sometimes a case of interpretation and perception.

I just wanted to say that about the Street Teams because I am a very very proud street team member and leader and I believe very strongly in fanship. Whether someone is on a team or not it doesn't matter, everyone counts and everyone is equal as a fan.

<font color="#9966FF"><font size="1">[ April 06, 2004 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font></font>
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Laurina, what the St team leader actually said was that she would be monitering the leaving rate of those that recently joined, making a note of their Email address in view of notification or not of future events.(as you said it is a personal interpretation, I have sent you a pm with the actual quote pasted in to it)
    I would not post something that I had not read.

I appreciate your point of view. Mine just comes from another direction perhaps.

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 06, 2004 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Angelgirl ]</font>

DarrensPassion

Well one thing about these LP's which seems very odd to me is that I've noticed there are some people who are bringing husbands/partners/children along with them!! I thought these parties were for members ONLY! forums

That doesn't sit too well with me when there are still members who have been refused places because the LP's are now full!

Janie xx

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 06, 2004 05:28 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

Twizzle

Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    Well one thing about these LP's which seems very odd to me is that I've noticed there are some people who are bringing husbands/partners/children along with them!! I thought these parties were for members ONLY! forums

That doesn't sit too well with me when there are still members who have been refused places because the LP's are now full!

Janie xx

<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speaking as one who has been refused a place, I think it stinks! forums lol

Yet another black mark against the woefully inept administration of anything official to do with DH! forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How did these husbands/partners/children get a place? I registered as me as I got an e-mail through

Did they e-mail the fan club??

If I'd known you could take people with you - I have to admit I probably would - but it didn't occur to me that it was allowed. I assumed it was for members only - like the soundchecks

Oh well - obviously my mistake

Twizzle

*deffo thinks that there's some skullduggery afoot*

I've been in contact with another f/c member (who will remain anonymous) and apparently, her friend got confirmation/approval to attend one of the London LP's but then found out that she couldn't go. So, this person e-mailed the f/c to ask if her friend (the f/c member) could go in her place and guess what? The person who is co-ordinating these events (no names - no pack drill! [img]wink.gif[/img] ) told this person that their friend (said f/c member) could NOT attend in her place as, and I quote "there is a waiting list from the 'fanclub' in case of any cancellations..."

btw - said f/c member is also (possibly) perceived as being a bit troublesome in that she, like myself, doesn't indulge in sucking-up to the f/c! Can anyone spot an emerging pattern here? [img]wink.gif[/img] *lol*

How d'you like THOSE apples!

<font color="white">edited b/c my friend wanted to attend a <u>London</u> LP and not one in the USA.</font>

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 07, 2004 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Dryzabone

Tries to insert shocked, surprised expression here [img]tongue.gif[/img]

OK being the total b-i-t-c-h I feel atm, power in some ppls hands is ugly!

Twizzle

^^ Yep, it most certainly is, Barb! [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say that about the Street Teams because I am a very very proud street team member and leader and I believe very strongly in fanship. Whether someone is on a team or not it doesn't matter, everyone counts and everyone is equal as a fan.

Laurie hon, it would be great if all Street Team members felt/behaved the way you do about them, but unfortunately, they don't.

Edited cos I forgot to say thanks Joyce and no Jan, I won't be leaving here [img]smile.gif[/img]

Michelle

xx

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 06, 2004 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Juliet10 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry if my optimism appears to make me naive, believe me I have been there and done that far too many times to count. My poor mental and emotional health just couldn't take any more and that is why I just decided one day that I couldn't live a negative fan experience. I didn't want that for myself (and I don't want that for others either).

I want to enjoy being a fan of Darren's and not get wrapped up in politics and fights and rivalries and on and on and on. I know they exist, believe me I know, but I just don't let it soak deeply inside of me. I want to smile when I read something new from Darren. I want to giggle, and yes sometimes squeal, when I see a new pictures. I want to sigh, laugh, cry, and all of those beautiful things, to Darren's music. So, I cling to those things and give them more weight in my fan experience.

Sorry.... gone on a rant..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You know what girls, there is always this kind of stuff going on in this fanbase. It was there from the beginning, and it is there now, just in different form. And this fanbase is not unique, it happens in so many others.

Sometimes too, things are so open to interpretation that what appears to have been said, really is not at all what has been said. Certainly there are times when what is stated, is precisely what is meant, but there are alot of grey areas too. Interpretation of written word is a really really tough thing.

I try really really hard to always post with the best of my heart and soul in place and to never hurt someone intentionally; but I still recieve PM's from people who have mis-interpreted my words and sometimes I am really surprised by that because I do think "how could they have got that from what I said?" but it is the uniqueness of us as human beings and that is okay.

In defense of Street Teams... I honestly have not seen anyone state that people are being filtered out of other activities because they joined the street team only to attend a Noon session. I actually think the exact opposite has happened (and I am basing this on my conversations with others) the more the merrier at these promo workshops because each person brings in new ideas and new perspectives and that is what those workshops are all about [img]smile.gif[/img] So again, it is sometimes a case of interpretation and perception.

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 06, 2004 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast