Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haye guys! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

I decided to create a mIRC chatroom for anyone to come in and enjoy if they want to have a place to hang out. I noticed the public DH.com chatroom has been closed and i was thinking maybe the people that enjoyed that chatroom might like a new place to hangout? I was going to post about it on the dh.com bbs (because that would seem the most obvious place) but after some consulting, it seems they would prefer if i didn't (i'm not entirely clear why) so i thought might as well post to my favourite hangouts and see if people could spread the word to the interested parties [img]smile.gif[/img]

mIRC is the program you download to enter the chatroom (or "channel" as the rooms are called) and this is where you can download it:

http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Here's the info on how to install it:

http://www.mirc.com/install.html

After you have installed it and opened the program, go to File > Options...

A window will appear
    Pick Connect from the options on the right hand side
    Set the option IRC Network to: All
    Set the next dropdown menu to: Random US DALnet server
    Press OK

This will set you up to connect you to the server where i am hosting the channel [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now press the lightning bolt symbol near the top and the program will connect you to the server. This may take a few minutes depending on your connection, so be patient. Once it has successfully connected you, press the button near the lightning bolt button, this button looks like a folder with a pound (#) sign on it. A window will appear, into the blank space at the top type: #darrenhayes

Then click Join and it should connect you to my chatroom. You should see my username there but please forgive me if i don't respond to your chatting; i leave my mIRC on while i am sleeping or i am at work. If you want to check whether i am there or not, type into the blank space at the bottom of the chatroom: /whois sunhawk

Infomation about users and chatrooms and other server stuff will appear in the window that came up when you connected to the DALnet server, it should be titled "DALnet (your username)" and in that window it will give you my information and if i am away from the computer, it will give you my away message ^_^

Don't worry about understanding all that or any of the other buttons on the program, it will all be explained over time ^_^ Anyone who gets the hang of it or enjoys being in the chatroom a lot, please let me know because i am looking for people to become moderators or "ops" for the room for when i can't be there ^_^

Hope to see you there! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As I commented in your journal that although I won't personally be using the new chatroom (due to my total lack of interest regarding anything DH related), I do hope that many other ppl do and that they find it a warm and welcoming place to gather. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was a very nice thing for you to do. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

omg you made it sticky! I was like "where did my thread go?" LOL

Aw thanks deary, just thought since i've got the means why not give it a shot? [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img]