Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When/How did you become a Runaways fan?

johnnyjosephemil

[img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] I have been a runaways fan basically since before I heard even one of their songs. Then I heard Wasted in 1994, from my first Runaways album, Waiting For The Night. I figure any band with Joan Jett in it, has to be great.

p.s. There is a quick little sound effect at the beginning of "Gotta Get Out Tonite". It's a kind of **** , I think(hee hee) Who's **** is that?

johnnyjosephemil

So let me guess. Using the word **** is morally damaging to the youth of North America. is that the case.

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

It's Hostboard's auto-censor.

Kinda sensitive!
    [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I first read about The Runaways in a Cleveland,Oh newspaper interview article (written in Chicago) in June of '76. I was interested because the photo showed 5 hot teen girls from California [img]tongue.gif[/img] About a month later I saw an ad that they were coming to Cleveland to play a local small club venue.I told most of my buddies about them, but no one was willing to go see teen girls "trying" to rock.So,I went by myself.I had a front row center seat. I was amazed.Not only were they easy on the eyes,they were also competent musicians. I was hooked.Always being up for adventure, I thought I would try to meet them.After the concert,I found out from a roadie where they were staying.It was at a local hotel/bar that most rock acts passing thru Cleveland stayed at. I went there and finagled my way onto the floor where they were staying and did get a chance to see all, and meet most of them.I saw them in concert 3 more times in Ohio in '77.And a total of 10 more times in 77/78 in California.I have seen them with all their different line ups. I am, and always will be a fan of theirs.I am fortunate to have been able to see a myriad of concerts of all their individual music careers also.

dallas36

To this day I still haven't heard the complete "Waitin' For The Night".
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">Too bad. It's their best album.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123