Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ALright, fellas! I'm heading up there Sunday! I'll be back with my review...

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I bet you'll have a GRRREAT time DTC!
    Can't wait to hear all about it!

Joan Rocks!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Glad to hear you had a great time at your first Joan Jett concert. None of the original Blackhearts are currently in the band (except for Joan of course), although, Thommy Price, the drummer has been a Blackheart for about 20 years now. Most of the original members left when Joan took time off to make the movie Light Of Day in 1986. BTW, Bruce specifically wrote the song "Light Of Day" for the film. It was released as a single way back in 1987 and went to #33 on Billboard's Top 40 for The Barbusters (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts).
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    I love that high you feel right after seeing a fantastic concert.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Wasted:
    [QB]I just saw the Blackhearts in May and the band sounded great. This is a typical setlist: Victim of Circumstance, Cherry Bomb, Light of Day, Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah), Bad Reputation, Androgynous, Long Time, Riddle, Love Is Pain, Five, Naked, Love is All Around, A Hundred Feet Away, Roadrunner, Fetish, I Love Rock 'n' Roll, Crimson and Clover, I Hate Myself For Loving You, Real Wild Child and Everyday People.
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">Yep! this was the exact set list, pretty much.

My bro and I made the roadie today.....I just wanted to see if she was any good because I have never really listened to her music. It was one of those outdoor "concert series" shows which bring in bands like KC & Sunshine Band and Kansas. At the outdoor concert, it's just not complete without the one huge woman in the crowd shaking her stuff and it's never complete without that smell of someone smoking a cigar. Anyway, we got there right on time...she opened with "Victim Of Circumstance" as I went straight to the Nathans hot dog stand....they pound on saurkraut and this thing was steaming hot and tasted great with lots and lots of mustard.... They played cool stuff. I never knew that she covered SPringsteen's Light of Day, so that was awesome! Roadrunner....I really liked. Tight band, pretty kickass, busted out "Everyday People" in the encore. I've become a fan and I've always liked the Runaways but now I'll definately check more into her catalogue. I was skeptical of whether my brother would like it but he kept commenting the whole time about how much he loved the sound and how he loved the guitar work. We made our way to the front for the encore and I wish we'd been up there the whole time. Sweet!! Are all the members of the Blackhearts original? The guitar player with the spiked hair was the only one who looked like he was too young to be an original member.
    On the way back we didn't made TWO gas station stops, once for pork rinds and candy bars, and the second one was for nachos and I got some gas station "Perky's Pizza" which was awesome to eat in the car. Kicks *** disposing of trash on I-95 while flipping through stations trying to find some classic rock tunes to keep the buzz of the Jett concert going. When I got home the first thing I did was play the whole "Bad Reputation" LP all the way through and have a few beers.

Joan Jett is great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, Wasted. The b-side to Light of Day was Roadrunner, a song that is just great live. By the way, they played three new songs. We all know it ***** when classic bands start pimping "songs from our NEW album" but the ones they played really fit into the setlist and were not the patented p1ss break tunes. **** , I may buy the new album!

johnnyjosephemil

Cool

Hello again, everyone. I have decided to change my name, from what it was, to my favourite Joan Jett song. What I love the most about Joan's songs, is that they tell you to stand true to yourself, and not let negativity get you down.

johnnyjosephemil
    HI JOAN!!!!!!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnnyjosephemil

Heck yeah!!! Definitely go see Joan!! I'm hoping to see her someday, myself. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

johnnyjosephemil

[img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img] I would love to see Joan play, even though my bi-polar disorder says otherwise. I always wanted to fly to Mars as well. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Hostboard Member Francis Scott Key's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice! Where is she playing this year?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast