Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when i was 15 (around 1986/87) i helped start an "almost" all female band called CORSAIR (we never found the female bass player we needed so we had a couple different guys that played with us)...i had been playing drums and singing since i was 10 and had already been in a couple bands by this time but always with the guys! when i finally was hooked up with my guitarist,her and her sister turned me onto the Runaway's and i've been hooked ever since. Through the grapevine we found a singer and the rest was history.. We did covers of Drive Me Wild (which i do today in my band Tongue-n-Groove and have a recording which we just did this year....check out http://ourworld.cs.com/pureattitude6...business.html) We also did I Love Playin With Fire....though we never got to do the original thing and end up with the success the runaways had we were very well known locally and had lots of respect from all the "guy bands" of that time which was very cool as they were all much older seasoned players and to have them even notice us was great....
    we also played a lot of lita ford and joan jett covers which i still do today.
    i'd also like to add that Sandy West is "THE ULTIMATE BAD *SS" and i'd love to know if she is still playing....

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

That's a cool story bangersister!
    Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Runaways.Com!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, welcome to the board. It's always cool to read how other fans discovered The Runaways. I became a fan around the same time you did, 1986. Read more about it here:

When/How did you become a Runaways fan?
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/1846/t/294