Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A very rare bird.. can't find it anywhere, not even a poorly made copy.

Have any of you seen it?

I've heard the sound quality is not the best, but hey, I just want to see the show [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen the bootleg DVD pop up on eBay in the UK a few times now. I've never bothered bidding as it's usually been overpriced for what it more than likely is (poor quality DVD-R knocked up on someone's PC with the video ripped from fifth-generation VHS)...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found a copy of it!!!!

The sound is not so great... but i would give anything to have been at that show!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ampeg J:
    I found a copy of it!!!!

The sound is not so great... but i would give anything to have been at that show!
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">Heh - I bought a copy on eBay for ?8. It arrived today.

The video quality is pretty poor (as I said, it looked like it was ripped from fifth-generation VHS and slapped on DVD) but that's not really the point, is it? The sound was fine and the band absolutely frickin' (trying to avoid swearing here [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) rocked the house. Cherie's performance in particular was iconic (did you see the bit where she was getting pelted with junk during 'Cherry Bomb' and she picked some of it up and threw it back?). Only thing that lets the film down is the way it's been intercut with film of Japanese people on bikes and people milling around in the street instead of showing the actual performance of a few songs. It would've been nice if they'd included the audio of the various interview clips too. Still, I guess beggars can't be choosers...

This is crying out for an official DVD release. The footage obviously still exists in a reasonable-quality form as some of it was used in Vicki Blue's movie (Vicki obviously either has it herself or knows who does). It's the 30th anniversary of the release of the first album this year - it would be as good a reason as any to bring it out.

Anyone know who actually owns the rights to the film?

<font color="#ffffff"><font size="1">[ March 04, 2006 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Dav - snotty punk from England ]</font></font>

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ March 05, 2006 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Dav - snotty punk from England ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Only thing that lets the film down is the way it's been intercut with film of Japanese people on bikes and people milling around in the street instead of showing the actual performance of a few songs. It would've been nice if they'd included the audio of the various interview clips too. Still, I guess beggars can't be choosers...
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">I hear you there... I want to hear the interview bits especially.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with everyone! This should be released! Back in the late 80's I met this guy Steve Darrow at a record show and I bought a copy from him. Very poor quality! But an amazing film with interviews and concert.

I've been trying for years to find a decent copy of the Live in Japan film. I ended up giving my copy to Rodney Bingenheimer. Oh well maybe Blackheart will eventually put it out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ March 17, 2006 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Squiggs ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As I've never seen it, I wondered what sort of length it is, and whether it features a substantial part of a gig. And what was the film for - Japanese TV? Did it ever get an official video release anywhere?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] I have this on video, seems it's from TV show or something but mostly their live footage in Japan.
    Quality is not too bad considering how OLD this video really is, except for the occasional cut-off of sound and black-out. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

I've never seen DVD...wonder if that's different/same... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by UnholyBabe666:
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] I have this on video, seems it's from TV show or something but mostly their live footage in Japan.
    Quality is not too bad considering how OLD this video really is, except for the occasional cut-off of sound and black-out. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

I've never seen DVD...wonder if that's different/same... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">Yeah, that sounds the same as the DVD I have. I think it was released on VHS a very long time ago in Japan. The colour is pretty washed out and it's pretty obvious that it's been transferred from a 5th generation video tape (at best) but the sound isn't actually that bad...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast