Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was living in Encino, and working at KIEV-Am as a line producer for the Sheena Metal's Freakin' Rock Review. I never missed a show...except the night of the Mini Runaways reunion at the Whiskey. Idon't remember the date off the top of my head, I'll have to find my ticket stub.

I arrived at the Whiskey about 2 hours before the doors opened, expecting to see a big line, but I found about 2 dozen fans milling along the sidewalk. I had my bag of swag, just in case I could get close enough to the ladies, just like all the other fans did.

I remember seeing Sandy arriving first, as she walked to the doors she patted me on the back and told a couple of others that she would sign autographs later.

When the doors opened I headed to the upper level (being a sound tech, I'm drawn to the board). after the floor started filling up, I saw Cherie walking around and she vuagely remembered me and spoke briefly, she wasn't feeling well and disappeared back upstairs to the dressing rooms.

I kept looking for Jackie, but I never saw her enter. It wasn't long before Cherie took stage and performed a few songs on her own, then to a deafing roar, Cherie Said "Its Been 17 years since I played with these two ladies, They don't get older, They just get **** Better, Would you please put your hands togeather for Sandy West And Jackie Fox" and as they took the stage the crowd all started hollering & yelling. I forced my way closer to the stage, until I was about 3 rows back "Don't think you'll ever see anything like this again, Guys. It might never happen" Cherie said.

Jackie walked out on stage followed by Sandy. Jackie was beautiful, she was wearing a short dark dress with lace up boots and white socks. She wore her blonde hair down and just a bit below shoulder length. The broke into the first song "Queens of Noise". She positioned herself at the front of the stage and joined Cherie on vocals. She just glowed as she strutted and posed on that small stage. I was in heaven.

After the show most people started clearing out of the Whiskey, but along with a bunch of other fans we hung around hoping to see the girls before they left. I made my way to the downstairs bar and ran into Marie, She was interested in what we had brought and was surprized by some of our goodies. After about 20 minutes or so Marie invited about 6 of us to go upstairs to the dressing rooms to meet everyone.

The room was so crowed with friends and well wishers we couldn't get in, Marie told us to wait and she went in and pulled the ladies out to meet us. Cherie remembered me from our earlier meetings and shook my hand and introduced me to Jackie. My gosh, she was so nice, we spoke briefly and I asked her if she would sign my live in Japan Lp, She accepted the lp & sharpie and I was in awe of this beautiful sweaty young lady who had that look in her eye of someone who enjoyed the past half hour on stage. As she returned my lp she gave me a hug.

Sandy came forward and spoke and signed my Lp as well as the cd cover to the 3 piece runaway demo. As i walked down the stairs and out into the cool Hollywood night, I knew it was a night I was gonna always remember.

Thank you Jackie, Sandy & Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

awsome review!!
    i wish i could have been there and saw them. cause cheries right, it probably won't ever happen again..
    i would probably die if i got to me Jackie.. or even see any of them play.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent!

You are very lucky to have been there.

I'd have skipped work too! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You lucky son-of-a-beech. Did you take any pictures?

We love you Jackie!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Jaime

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Yep, Mr. Ella, even though you have amazed me with that Runaway Recollection before, I am just as amazed hearing it again, now!

The closest thing to a full-blown reunion ever and you were there!

We should nickname you Mr. Serendipity or something!

Can I tag along next time, maybe, huh, can I?!?!
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
    GD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...Yes & No...I borrowed an old Canon SLR (without a flash) from a roomate, Who gave me the deluxe 5 minute instructions on how to use it, loaded it with 800 ASA film for shooting in low light. I shot a 24 exposior roll, unfortunately when we went to remove the film it had failed to load onto the takeup spool and had crinkled real bad and we were not able to salvage it.

I remember there were several people with cameras down on the floor, and at least 2 video cameras were shooting from upstairs, but I've never seen or heard of anyone having seen that.