Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tom,I love your photo's and insight to the band.
    Thanks for sharing.I am a big stones fan as well and take no offense to the M*ick/Cherie Joan/Keith stuff. It's just converstion.
    I was a Joan fan first then found the runaways etc.
    No one will argue Joan's or Lita's commercial successes compared to their former band mates but
    Cherie is a real talent. If you check her solo stuff from the more recent years she has matured into a very good song writer and the she can belt it out. Cherie also has written an excellent book, done some acting and is quite the artist. Her talent today vs. her talent when in the runaways can't be compared. Cherie also has been out of the spotlight due to raising a child, Lita is doing the same now. Recharging a career in music or acting after being away is not easy in the MTV image concsious world we live in. Look at the J.Geils Band reunion a couple of years back, A great Band that came back. I saw them they rocked but after 18 years of nothing the crowds did not turn out.
    All I am saying without going in too many directions is Cherie deserves more respect than was shown in a couple of the posts.
    Jackie has done ok for herself as well.
    Sandy keeps rocking and playing live keeping the fans happy. I hope she breaks through.

Oh Bystandr if you check out some Ron Wood solo stuff I think in his live at electric ladyland you will find a link to a site in the uk that sells a book of his art signed and numbered.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Excellent post, Charlie!

Everything you said is right on target! I will never even attempt to speak on behalf of Cherie, but... I do know how important her family is to her. She has had to prioritise and I do not think she is complaining about the path her career has taken. Nothing will change the simple fact that she is a great singer, whether or not she is in the public eye. You mention 'Neon Angels', her book which I am hoping will be re-released in the near future. With ANY luck at all, I will be able to have a tiny part in that project.

These Stones analogies just keep surfacing. I love Ron Wood. I hated to see the demise of Faces, but if that was what it took to get Ron into The Stones.. SO BE IT!! I have both the UK and the American versions of his book autographed by him and I count them as among my most prized rock n roll posessions.

We have clearly gotten off the topic of Vicki Blue's documentary of The Runaways... But it is great to see 50 replies and over 500 views to this topic. I do hope that we can keep the discussion going, The Runaways are part of rock history, and certainly worthy of our thoughts.

T.

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey bystandyr don't froget the moral loophole.
    I was sitting here eating my brain on drugs (eggs) and drinking my coffee and trying to imagine how many fatboys were involved last night. Those poor families! LOL!!!
    Seriously though I believe drugs should be legal. Take the crime out of the equation and deal with it as a social issue! Prohibition doesn't work!
    I have to say your take on Cherie Currie and the "prehistoric fascination" was heavy man!

Hey Tom I agree a million percent about Cherie's talent, grace, style and panache! She is totally wonderful and beautiful in EVERY way! I do know how important her family is to her too and would ponder a guess that she is a fantastic mom!
    That is success any way you wanna read it!

Hey Charlie you are right on about the respect Cherie deserves. I tried to avoid this topic when it was just about that interview but some of those unkind remarks about Cherie's singing voice could not go unchallenged. So I HAD to jump in and now I have to agree with Tom and hope we can keep the discussion going!

Hey Jade Stone I appreciate your feedback too. I intend to see Cherie some day and I certainly hope Sandy will be there too!
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

Inactive Member hawkeye_pierce_mf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, Time for me to *chime* in!
    Im so not a Rolling Stones fan, (get over it, LOL)
    But, then again many people are not Runaways fans! (the shame they should be feeling!) LOL
    People forget that they are LEGENDS, they started it all, They still have ongoing solo careers to this day, now THAT is an accomplishment!
    Just because Cherie prefers to write and sing songs that are not "Full on punk, in your face, then smash instruments on the stage at the end of the set" does NOT mean that she can't BELT IT OUT!
    I have seen Cherie and Sandy do shows to sold out crowds of over 1000 people, I was also at the show in NYC where Joan was there, and you should have seen the crowd response! (Not to mention Joan's!) Most singers today wish they had the vocal power that Cherie has! The CD of Joan and Cherie live doing "Cherry Bomb" is still full throttle!, I have heard several of Cherie's solo offerings, and while some may be a bit more "Layed Back" there is still so much power there, it sends chills up your spine! Cherie recently did a version of "The Star Spangled Banner" and it appears on the site, not just anyone can do that song! http://www.therunaways.com/images/cherie_now.shtml
    then click the link to open it!
    Now THAT is POWER! Joan has a different style, just as Lita does, Sandy has an incredible voice, but it's different than others.
    Everyone likes what they like, and I have firm belief that no one "***** ," it's just a matter of opinion. Some people think that the Sex Pistols had no talent whatsoever, yet others can't get enough. I personally think it's just what your into, taste wise. Give credit where credit is due. Food for thought: If Cherie had not joined the band, would they have been the legacy they are today? If Joan had decided that she didn't want to sing at all, would it have lasted? If Lita had not have gotten the guitar gig, and played bass instead? What if Micki would have stayed? What If Sandy had not hunted out Fowley, and a different drummer had been in the band? The components fit, the Runaways are legendary because of the magic...IF it would have been different, would we be here right now talking about them? Or would we all be on another board right now?
    Just one more opinion!
    The Hawk..............................

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

^5 Hawk

NO ONE has said it better. Who KNOWS where every member of The Runaways would be right now, had it not been for this band.

It gave each and every one of them the exposure needed to prove their talent. It was also a training class so that they would have an idea about what the business was really like, both positive and negative.

And, I am in such a great mood, I will forgive you for not being a Stones fan... after all, there is such a thing as conversion!

[img]wink.gif[/img]

T.

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

NOT a Stones fan? Can this be? LOL!
    Hey Hawk thanks for chiming in!
    Your remarks are apropos. Big time!

Have a nice day Runaway People!
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello charlie c. I agree with Tom. Excellant post! I agree with you guys about Ron Wood. He's like Keith's little brother or something. I love how they got busted recently for smoking on stage.
    Good grief...It is part of their character!!
    I always thought M. Taylor was talented but a bit of a misfit. Woody fit right in though.
    Other than that though, I still miss Brian!

Gus I hope your brain tasted good. Those moral loophole commercials are stupid. I'm NORML all the way.

Good post Le Hawkeye! As I understand it you don't like the Stones though! Is that why **** Jagger's name is censored? LOL!!! I'm joking of coarse!

I've had 'Mixed Emotions' on this thread. Thought I was having my 'Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown' for a while.
    Who says 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction' though?
    I guess I was 'Waiting On A Friend.'

Your friend....Art

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got to laugh at the person who questioned my intelligence a few posts back because I have a differing opinion from most of you. Tell it to Pat Benatar...I think Cherie is fine at what she does--it's just not my taste. And you can come up with all the analogies you want, and it's really not going to change that...And ultimately, it doesnt make either one of us "right," it's just a matter of opinion. I think I said this earlier and people jumped all over me for it, anyway. Which is, again, incredibly silly. In closing, as Bill Shatner once said, "Get a life, people." [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

"DOLLY"...I think you are the one that "Need`s to get a life"!! If this "WAS`NT" no big deal. Than WHY are "YOU" bringing it up? Did "WE" hurt your feeling`s? Poor Baby...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456