Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Mr Tom, I have you covered, if anyone else can't find the article, go to www.filmthreat.com
    then to the interview area on the sidebar, then scroll down to "Girls Interrupted"
    I guess there link no longer works directlbecause it has been archived under a different save spot.

Hawk

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you everyone for your help getting me the interview with Vicki. My first post to the group did get all sorts of reaction. While, I have no official affiliation with The Runaways or therunaways.com it is good to know that so many of you recognised me. In the last few days, I have been in touch with dozens of fans and a couple of band members who I have not had contact with in years.

I have so many memories of my 18 months with The Runaways, I intentionaly stay out of the drama as I would prefer to be friendly with all involved. But, let me say this... I am truly looking forward to seeing 'Edgeplay'. That is even more true now, than it was after reading Vicki's interview. There are some huge inconsistancies in the various accounts of the history of The Runaways... So it should not surprise anyone that there are huge inconsistancies in the history of this documentary. Regardless... I can not wait to see it.

I want to truly thank everyone at therunways.com for their devotion to a band that 25 years after their final implosion... is still making news in the music industry. I remember so clearly the night I first saw The Runaways... At the Golden West Ballroom, somewhere south of Los Angeles, (they were opening for The Tubes) that this was a band which would go down in history. I did not know at the time just how right I was. That was the night I was introduced to a new age in music. I met the band personally a few days after that gig... and that meeting, literally changed my life.

I totally encourage our discussions and occasional debates about The Runaways. No matter what your position is... the topic will always be intriguing.

Thanks for letting me toss in my 2 cents.

Tom Gold

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

saw this on the Jettscape site, OUCH!!

http://www.greekbuck.com/html/tear_o...ry/3.3.33.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just read the interview with Cherie. I`m glad to hear that the THREE of them are sticking together!! If you want to be HONEST about it. (THE MOVIE) These three Women ARE The Runaways!!! And have Every Right to stand in the way of it`s release... These Women have been abused and mistreated for to many years."THIS MOVIE" IS THERE LIFE!! People keep forgetting that. Yes THE RUNAWAYS are LEGENDARY. And it would be WONDERFUL to get to see these SPECIAL LADIES in action.But if YOU ARE a REAL FAN,"THINK ABOUT THIS". Do you want to see them(once again)be made a joke out of??? These Women DESERVE RESPECT!!! And that means if their against the release of this film. YOU can bet that ONCE AGAIN, someone is just "CASHING IN"!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me tell you something, I happened to see the flick--and there's nothing "damaging" in there about anyone. This whole thing that's going on with trying to keep the movie from coming out is ridiculous. I don't have any stake in the film and I really don't care--but, as a fan--all I can say is, it's definitely worth seeing. And let's face it, no one else is ever going to bother to make a movie about that band again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there are always two sides to every story no matter who it is coming from and you can't always believe what you hear. Get the facts before you act!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

First of all, there really are no "FACTS". The "ONLY" point I was trying to make is: I`d hate to see these woman get "SCREWED OVER AGAIN"!! I`d love nothing more then to see these women in action.It`s been LONG over due!!!!! But only if "THEY" want it... And who says there will never be another RUNAWAY FILM?? THEIR still here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'Cashing in' on the The RUNAWAYS" ?? How this be? ?? There is no money to be made from it I am Sure.

MM

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Hey Jade Stone 13 I'm glad the 3 of them are sticking together too. They should start there own band. Maybe Lita would rise to the occasion and join them! My girlfriend could play bass. She is good!
    They could call there first CD _The Runaways Take The Bull By The Horns!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This conversation has taken a definite turn towards the absurd.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast