Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Thanks Charlie,
    I still have tapes from as far back as 1974 and some of that is sort of listenable. I have at least something by every band I was in. Some of it really rocks too! My multitrack recordings are my babies. I would play 2 or 3 guitars, bass, harmonica, etc. and do the vocals too. My friend would lay down drum tracks for me a lot of the time and I'd try to get other musicians to play when available. A very time consuming process 4 sure!
    I still write new stuff and I'm trying to get my brother to move out here so we can start a band together. He disappeared from our lives for 27 years and when we reunited in May we jammed and it was good!
    Thanks for the advice. I will not throw anything away.
    Some "treasures" are definately better than others though!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ellanoise, gus & charlie,
    I've done heaps of recording, home and pro....my last band got signed back in 96 to a record deal with a major label who shall remain nameless, we released 3 singles, did 2 video clips, got into rolling stone mag (Australian version), had heaps of radio and tv airplay, got nominated for an award - then got dumped by said major record label.....after they spent a six figure amount on recording our first album which got shelved. Long story.....! I am not VERY BITTER!!!!! hahahah
    So yeah, I have lots of recordings and have all the master tapes and many cds/dats etc. Its nice to listen to what you've done, even if you didn't "make it". Jeeze, what does that mean anyway?? I got further than I ever dreamed I would (except when I was a naive 12 year old who thought she would one day join the runaways!!! hehehe!)
    So keep those tapes, listen to them and be loud and proud about what you did/may do!
    And gus, thanks for the compliment re age, I may well get back into it, but at 38 I am definitely never gonna do that pub/club scene again, its just too tiring!!! But a home studio and just writing and recording for pleasure is what I aim to do with my long time partner (in life/songs/bands).
    ellanoise, you made me smile with your comment about writing for your wife and kids, that's what its all about mate! My boy and I have been in bands together since I was 19, its great to share it with love ones and have those good times and memories.
    And gus, you treasure both your music and that brother of yours - after 27 years in the wilderness, don't ever let him go.
    sorry for the long post guys, its been great to share with you. Maybe one day we can share each other's music????
    rel

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rel, thanks for sharing. What kind of music did you do? Gus, it would br great for you to have your brother back..But if you him help move you could wrangle a trip to New Orleans ( I thought that's where you said he was many post ago.)
    A fun town plenty of music and great eats. But that town could where a person down.It's decadence personified.

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hey Folks,
    You have a good memory Charlie. My brother IS in New Orleans. Just went thru 2 hurricanes in a row.
    He has clued me in to a lot about New Orleans. The music the decadence etc. Can't wait to visit!
    Relish thanks for your "long post" and sharing your musical history with us. I am very impressed!
    Sounds like the shelving was a raw deal for you indeed! It is very nice meeting you Rel [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks gus and charlie, its nice to talk to you guys too! And such gentlemen, one reason I keep coming back to this board, there only seems to be nice people visiting, unlike some others where lots of freaky stuff gets bandied about - wierd...
    but Chrys has set up a great site, that makes you wanna keep coming back for more.
    Charlie, music wise I write a whole range from country, to dance, to rock. But the band was definetely dark and moody rock, we often got compared to a cross between garbage and the divinyls but no where near as good as those bands - I think that may have been more coz I was the rock out chick singer surrounded by 4 boys! Anyhow, its a fun memory, despite the painful "shelving"!!
    How about you gus, what's your music like?

Anyway fellas, I am off on holidays for a couple of weeks so you may not hear from me for a while - tomorrow I finally take possession of my Japanese edition of The Runaways 1st album on cd, and at long last I get to hear it in pristine condition instead of my well worn/scratched/crackly record!!! I CANNOT wait!!! Dead end justice, american nights, u drive me wild, lovers, thunder etc, whoo hoo!!
    c ya 'round boys
    rel

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi Relish,
    I agree this is a friendly board. Thanks for sharing with us here Rel! I like Garbage and Divinyls. Shirley and Christina both ROCK! Bet ya do too!!!
    My bands tended to be garage bands. A lot of my stuff works great that way! Then some songs are more folky accustic numbers.
    I did some punk style in the 80's even!
    My biggest influence was John Lennon and then Bob Dylan so the lyrics are as important to me as the music. The first two songs I learned were Working Class Hero and Subterrrainian Homesick Blues and I still love playing and singing those songs!
    My nephew is in a band and 2 of his songs are on mp3.com or whatever it is. I intend to look into that myself. It seems like a great way to let people hear your stuff! Have you considered that?
    It appears to be safe as far as copyrights go too!
    I hope you are enjoying your new CD and your holiday Relish!
    More later,
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12